Note, you may be subject to taxes, fees and surcharges. There is no cancellation fee if you choose "Pay Later". Coupon is not valid in Alaska, the New York Metro area, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Click here and make a reservation for weekend dates
- Enter coupon code TUEA002
- Select a car size from compact to full-size
- During checkout, select Pay Later and discount should appear
Offer valid thru 6/30/2013
1. Go to: http://www.avis.com/car-rental/avisHome/home.ac
2. Enter destination and WEEKEND dates
3. Enter Coupon Code: TUEA002
4. Select a car size from compact to full-size. Prices displayed will be adjusted on the next screen. Make sure to select "Pay Later" in case you want to cancel.
5. Confirm the reservation (no credit card required)
Note: Coupon isn’t valid in Alaska, the New York Metro area, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Must be for rentals BEFORE June 30, 2013.
As I wrote on the Wiki, before it was removed by another user for making a "false claim" - an actual coupon is required for redemption.
Please do your homework before removing Wiki information that could help prevent many SDers from getting screwed by a false "deal."
This information was posted on page 2 of this thread.
This should be YMMV
I just got a call from local AVIS office, asking me where I got the coupon. I mentioned I got it online, so he is "there is a scam going online". You will need to pay a the rental charges, when you come in to get the car.
Received this email at 9:00pm CST, 3/27:
At Avis, our goal is to provide a stress-free rental experience whenever you need a rental car. Upon review of your recent reservation, XXXXXXXXX, it has come to our attention that the discount code you have entered is invalid, and so your reservation has been tentatively cancelled. If you have a valid coupon certificate, we are ready to restore your reservation. Please note, you must present your valid coupon certificate at time of rental. Prepaid reservations will be refunded in full and no cancellation charges will be assessed.
If you would like to recreate your reservation, you may do so by visiting Avis.com or calling 800-633-3469.
We apologize for any inconvenience this cancellation may have caused. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.