I suspect a lot of bashers are short sellers of Blackberry stock and are afraid of losing money.
No basher or all the wealth combined on this forum board can move that thickly traded stock by more than $0.05. Don't worry about them if you are long!
Personally, not invested in the stock but I've traded this to the upside and downside for a few $. Truthfully, I made a lot more on the short side and this seems to be just a dead cat bounce in bigger timeframes.
Just picked up the Verizon model a few hours ago. To my surprise, I was only charged $20 tax on a retail price of $229.99. I was expecting the total to come out to about $210 but it came to $170! Also came with some free accessories.
But, the reviews I read on the Z10 are consistently positive... So it must be good technology. However... the company is all but dead. Android and iOS now own 95% of the US market, and Windows Phone is clawing for the other 5%.. That leaves everyone else dead.
There has to be a break-even cost to pay for all the R&D and development at Blackberry... and I don't think they'll get - definitely not in the US.
So, as cool as this phone may be... they'll be bankrupt and out of business soon!
They have no debt and close to $3 billion in cash. They shipped a million Z10s in the first month and had to increase their production capacity to meet subsequent demand, including at least one order for another million. Blackberry is still the go-to brand for corporate and governmental security. They don't need a huge part of the market share to be successful.
I sincerely hope that all you experts on deadness aren't pet owners!
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.