Deal DetailsPromoted 04-04-2013 at 01:39 PM View Original Post
Private Internet Access:
$5.45/month for month to month plan
$2.66/month for 1 year plan ($31.95 for the entire year)
- Secure VPN Account
- Encrypted WiFi
- P2P and VoIP Support
- PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec
- Multiple VPN Gateways
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- SOCKS5 Proxy Included
- No traffic logs
- Instant Setup
Link to Private Internet Access
This is NOT an internet service provider.
More info on what a VPN is and why it is useful: http://lifehacker.com/5940565/why...your-needs
- You may connect with up to 3 devices simultaneously with a single account.
- A router that supports DD-WRT or Tomato can connect and counts as 1 single device.
- The regular price of the service is $6.95/month or $39.95/year.
- There are 263+ servers in 9 countries and growing.
- Port forwarding is available in the application or with a script/API available on the PIA forum.
- DNS Leak protection is available in the application's advanced settings
- Internet kill switch kills any internet access in the event of a VPN connection drop and is available in the application's advanced settings.
- A SOCKS5 proxy is also available.
- Bitcoin and Ripple are available as payment methods. You can buy bitcoin on a Bitcoin exchange.
- If you pay with any service other than Bitcoin or Ripple, you will be automatically charged the full $39.95 price next year. But you can unsubscribe at anytime and still use the remainder of the year you've paid for.
- Every purchase includes a 7 day refund period.
- In terms of security, OpenVPN>LT2P>PPTP.
You may also like to try a free alternative....
Here are some alternative VPN services that have large selection of servers (worldwide)
- SlickVPN - http://www.slickvpn.co
80+ Servers in 30+ Countries
$0.75/day (Block of 4/8/12/16/20 days), $15 a month, $35 6-month, $75 yearly - SPECIAL - $5.00/ £3.72 / €3.90 A Month
- VPNTraffic - http://www.vpntraffic.
VPN servers of US, AU, UK, CA, RU, Italy, Japan, Korea, HK, etc.
You can switch between servers at any time (40+ countries vpn server)
$1.99 for 3 days
$5 for 30 days
$10 for 3 months
$35 for a year (regular price)
- Acevpn - http://www.acevpn.com/ (30% coupon code is on FW: AcevpnUnblockTV30 )
With coupon code $4.16/month or $38.5/year for US, UK and FR locations. $10.5/month or $115.5/year for 13 countries. For torrents they have separate servers.
- witopia - https://www.witopia.net/products/ (people in other forum indicate it may block P2P related activity)
(Pro with OpenVPN $70/year, basic $50/year)
- StrongVPN - http://strongvpn.com/packages_specia
(yearly special only for servers at 4 countries. For servers at ALL 20 countries, need Deluxe PPTP or OPEN which is $15 or $20 a month) (for less countries $55/year PPTP or $85/year PPTP or OPEN)
- Astrill - https://www.astrill.com/pricing.php
- HideMyNet.com - http://www.hidemynet.c
$7 a month, $49 a year (plus other plans). Have 12 countries and most have only one server per country (some servers seems to allow P2P but many including those in US/UK, etc don't)
hidemynet VPN had $25/yr lifetime deal. May be it will come back.
$2/3 days trial,
$3.7 for 7 days
$37/year for plan with only couple countries. $70/year for plan cover more countries
regular price $6.95 a month or $40 a year
Setting up BT software Vuze (used to be call Azureus) to only use VPN connection (won't connect if VPN connection not available.)
Here is a tutorial of it.
Here's a tutorial for utorrent: http://wiki.hidemyass.
(Remember to un-check make new firewall rule in utorrent settings/prefs)
Enter the interface identifier into the field next to "Bind to local IP address or interface" in the settings.
Note that the interface identifier is named different on every system, so make sure to check how exactly it is called on yours.
In their example, it is "eth15" for OpenVPN, "net2" for PPTP" and "net1" for L2TP.
Make sure the checkbox next to "Enforce IP bindings even when interfaces are not available" is checked;
otherwise it can happen that Vuze keeps downloading without using the VPN.
If the Vuze setup is done correctly, it will ONLY use your VPN connection. If you didn't login to your VPN service, Vuze won't work.
Rock...I bought it and went back without linking through here and price was back up to $3.33 per month. I now check and it is back down again. Get it while you can as it may change again.