Really good trimmer. The one I bought four years ago is still going strong.
I had a really bad experience with this trimmer. So much so, that I posted a review about it here[amazon.com].
Note that in the review, I talked about purchasing the Norelco Multigroom Pro[amazon.com] which was a great slickdeal at the time. I'm still using it. While it's not perfect, it's been a far better experience than the Wahl was (note: the Wahl's nose trimming was better than the Norelco, although the Wahl nose attachment isn't included anyway).
My review's below (for those too lazy to click the link above ) . Note, I gave a 1-star review because no matter how powerful the tool, when you have to worry about shaving yourself bald despite having the guard on every time you trim, there's no saving grace.
After owning for 3 months, I'm switching to Phillips Norelco
I don't know why it is so difficult to find a good trimmer/groomer these days. I purchased a "cheapy" in 2001 that lasted for 9 years and worked great (I forget the brand). Since it finally conked out, I've been through two units - including this one - and just purchased another model - Philips Norelco Qg3280/41 - in hopes to find one I can be happy with.
This trimmer could've been great.
The pros include:
- Long battery life
- solid construction and doesn't feel cheap while holding
- Good customer service. I called asking about the nose trimming attachment, and they sent me one for free! YMMV on this one.
- The heads and attachments are tricky to attach. Each time, I worry I'm going to break the plastic tabs (haven't yet, though, thanks to the solid construction).
- The plug doesn't detach when lifting the trimmer due to the way it was designed. My previous trimmer allowed the plug to be attached to the base so that the trimmer detached from the plug when lifting it, which I prefer.
- The 6-Position Guide is worthless if you want to use "position 1" setting (the setting that gives you the closest trim). Every time I use that setting, I end up with bald patches along the trim line, and end up having to shave the entire area down/off to match. I've been stuck using position 2, which doesn't give me the close trim I prefer.
The last "con" is the real deal-killer for me, as I could live with the other ones. But because I seek the closest trim available in the 6-Position Guide, all trimming attachments are useless.
As I write this review, the Philips Norelco Qg3280/41 is on sale for 32 dol. so I'm going to give that a try and hope that I can end my hunt for a trimmer I can be satisfied with for the next several years.
Last edited by pickmyname; 04-11-2013 at 12:00 AM..
I had my first Wahl set for8 years, next one fro 4, 3rd one for 1, their quality keeps going downhill. The attachments used to be a thick hard plastic, now they come pre broken for you. Even the scissors they give you are horrible, they rip the hair out. I kept the pair from the first set that I sill use today.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.