Wiki Community Board This can and should be used by you to post updated deal information. Be sure to read this because it may contain answers to your questions!
The DIGITAL CODE deal says EXP. 10-31-2013. Assuming Disney DID NOT extend this the , DEAL IS DEAD
DEAL IS VERY MUCH STILL ALIVE - 8-2-2013 - EXPIRED Better instructions: Easier & all in one
After you have purchased the code from Family Video Here is how to get the Digital Copy and the 3D Blu-ray Disc from Disney for $5.99
Once you purchase this Redemption Code, we will e-mail you the code (it's buried about 3/4 of the way down the email) - Should arrive during the week in less than 24 hours. When you get the code.
1) Pre-log into your Disney Movie Rewards account (it just makes things easier) http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com if you have one already ==OR== Take a few minutes and create it first. Yes you must have a DMR account to get the 3D Blu-Ray disc for $5.99 mailed to you. (remember they have to bill you and ship this disc to you, so use your correct address)
2) Go to www.DisneyOzMovieandOffers.com .
3) Enter your redemption code - at the top of the page it says Enter Your Magic Code Here in the white box; that is what Family Video sent you (your Magic Code) in the Email so copy & paste it there
4) Then it should say "Congratulations! You've Unlocked Your DIGITAL COPY" Below that is a RED BOX that says "Get My Movie Now!" - Click that
5) That should open a second Window or Tab and take you to the Digital Copy Plus site where it has already entered the code for you. You just need to select I-Tunes, Amazon, or Vudu. (remember Vudu redemption is not tied to Ultra Violet and may never be but I'm hoping)
6) Log into whatever service you choose. Note if you don't have any account affiliation you can get 10 free (hey there free movies by using Vudu's link for 10 free movies when you create an account it's on their main page.
7) Go back to the first page or Tab you have open (that's the page that has the Congratulations You've Unlocked Your DIGITIAL COPY @ www.DisneyOzMovieandOffers.com) and scroll down to the bottom half of the page - there you will see the "Experience it on 3D Blu-ray Only $5.99 Plus Get 50 Points" - Click the RED "Get Started" Button and it will take you to the Disney Movie rewards site directly to the redemption offer. You just need to verify the Billing & Shipping address are correct and then proceed to pay for it on the subsequent pages.
*Got my code this morning. less than 24hrs for the response. (past deal poster listed up to 3 days) - Ditto took about 5 hours for mine
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS: WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT CALL OR WRITE DISNEY & SAY YOU BOUGHT A DIGITAL CODE!!!!!
Selling & Buying Digital codes is a gray area. Digital codes are not an approved or sanctioned by the UV + Disney movie industry for sale & are not supposed to be sold off separately from the physical media discs.
UPDATE: If the offer for the 3D Blu-ray Disc does not appear in Disney Movie Rewards and you have read & followed all the instructions by those in the thread, they Family Video sent you a code from the Single Blu-ray (NOT Eligible for the $5.99 Disc offer) ==OR== the hand typed in code was done in error. =OR=??
Those first two are Family Videos fault; they promised you an offer eligible for a 3D Blu-ray & sending you an item that does not qualify for that offer is not acceptable. Be polite, but firm. They are the ones who need to make it right. The person I spoke with was very nice. -->> Do NOT CALL or Email DISNEY http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476230...t_23421957 - There are 3 versions for sale in the U.S. & one doesn't get the $5.99 disc mail away offer.
AGAIN, This Is Not DISNEY'S Fault (well price gouging on the different movie packs aside that is), If there is an error or you are sent an in-eligible code then FAMILY VIDEO is at FAULT - as they promised you the offer but then sold you a disc code that is not part of the extra disc offer from Disney.
Contact Family Video and if you exhaust all avenues with them, & they won't offer you another code, do a CC Charge Back.
Don't RUIN it for everyone by telling Disney you bought a DIGITAL COPY and possibly killing Family Video Selling these - by a resulting threat of a lawsuit.
F.Y.I. Regarding VUDU Not Being a part of Ultraviolet
If you go the VUDU route the code is (Not like it shows on Family Videos site, it is NOT Ultraviolet Compatible) it is HOWEVER redeemable on Vudu. * No one knows if in the future Disney will come into the UV fold or not. So far these are all side deals worked out between Walmart(VUDU) and Disney. Walmart has been doing a number of these new side deals recently.
Last edited by Bdubslawman; 11-01-2013 at 07:33 AM..
Reason: DEAL IS DEAD!!!!
Great price! Although I got a better deal when if first came out. Bought the Digital Blu-ray copy at Walmart for $12.96 with coupon. Added the digital copy to my account, got free movie money to see lone ranger and bought the $6 3D copy. Then went on to Amazon and sold them my unused Blu-ray/dvd combo pack for 12.80 slick!
If anybody doesn't want the blu-ray discount code (and just wants to purchase the digital version), let me know.
Not sure why I even want a second copy...just finished watching this with the wife last night (in 3D). Perhaps the best use of 3D I've seen in any move yet...and I've seen a lot of 3D films (U2 in 3D -- theaters, Tron Legacy 3D, Prometheus 3D, Alice in Wonderland 3D, Avatar 3D, etc.)
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.