Free $7 with iOS / Android app Venmo
Deal DetailsLast Edited by BostonGirl August 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM
The app is free to download and money transfers are all free so long as you don't fund with a credit card (debit card and bank transfers are totally free). Deposits into your bank account are free and happen overnight.
Note: limited to 5000 uses, US only
Previous discussion on Venmo here.
Update: I just got my account unfrozen thanks to the help of ElanX from venmo. With one email, she helped me more than the guy handling the emails at email@example.com. They should employ more helpful people like her for their company to help their potential customers! I guess not everyone at venmo is all bad and there is some hope for this company to be good. Now I can finally try their service and see if I like it, hopefully.
Mmmmm it feels so good to be right. ElanX from venmo? You mean ElanX from Slickdeals dont you? I for one do not peddle my personal sales items on slickdeals because I respect slickdeals rules regarding such things. I am wondering why ElanX has not been banned yet for clearly violating TOS and lying to this community causing its members no end of troubles? Why is that?
Still live as of 5:09pm EST Friday.
Must complete identity verification to get your $7. Requires full name, zip code, birthdate, and last 4 of SSN. (no credit pull)
Review from Slate:
The Spawn of Facebook and PayPal, Why everyone should be using the wallet app Venmo
Reviews for the iPhone version on the iTunes App Store:
Reviews for the Android version on the Google Play Store:
Do not go to the app store or play store and download the app!
1) Open the following link and type in your phone number then hit share:
2) Open the text message from Venmo and click the link they send to download the app.
3) Add your personal information (real birth date, real zip code, real last four of SSN)
4) Go to your Account page to see if your ID was verified:
5) If there is a link saying 'verify here' your ID was not verified successfully. You may have entered incorrect information, you may already have a Venmo account or there may have been an error on Venmo's part.
If you're still not getting the $7 go to https://venmo.com/account/settings/account and edit your phone number like this quote says: