I can't honestly tell if that product is a legitimate Sony product or some third party knock off. All of the pictures show the SONY logo whereas a lot of the third party controllers do not have the Sony logo. For packaged contents it says 1 x Sony PS3 controller. No mention of third party hardware or packaging. Any advice? The price is right at 18.99.
This is a fun one. My gut tells me they are fake because the seller is selling legit Xbox 360 controllers for $50, also the pic of the red PS3 controller looks like they took a fake and stuffed it into official sony packaging, there are specs of dust and tampering that seems to show up in the HD pic on Ebay.
Oh and it doens't say "official" anywhere which is usually a dead giveaway.
Additonally, if you look at the red controller they have in the package, it is a brighter cheaper looking red than the official Sony one on Amazon.com
That being said, i have a Chinese copy, not trying to be an original, just a Chinese wired PS3 controller and it works well, but I paid $6 shipped for it on Rakuten.com. For $19 shipped from China, I would probably wait until there is a deal on a controller from a legit seller.
Also the Ebay seller hides the item in their feedback which bothers me and is a deceptive practice in and of itself.
Last edited by wezlypipz; 08-15-2013 at 08:30 AM..
I've been looking for genuine Sony, and have done some researches trying to identify them, but I still can't identify them all the time.
Some tips for ebay from my several experiences:
1. if it's not "genuine Sony xxxx", but "controllers FOR SONY". 99.5% of the time it's fake, don't bother.
2. look for brand under detail listing (not the picture). If they have "Sony" in brand, then it's MORE likely that it's real. If it's not, you can open up a dispute to get your full money back because you've been cheated by false information provided. Ebay buyer protection works at this time.
3. Check the back label. the label information at the back is often the devil as it's different from genuine Sony label. It doesn't account for all fake ones cuz some fakes ones are too professional and everything is almost or exactly the same. You can't help it if you encounter them, but still checking label by yourself can help you 70% of the time.
4. Like the guy above me mentioned. You can check the color and the design to see the quality. I, however, think it's really subjective and pictures can look different depending on photo taking angles and even camera option. Also some sellers just use internet pictures. I personally don't have eagle eyes, but if you attend to details, then you should always check with your own eyes. It helps.
5. Contact the seller!! It is most important to check and confirm. Some sellers put up random pictures from the internet or they are misinformed themselves(I've had sellers checked and admitted it's a knockoff so they gave me a full refund w/o having to return the item). Ask them to confirm and remember to e-mail them by ebay message so if there's a problem in the future, ebay rep. can check and it's to your advantages.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.