Note, refer to the forum threads (here or here) for additional information
- $5.45/month for month to month plan
- $31.95 for 1-year plan ($2.66/month)
yuugotserved ( ) Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:16am
Private Internet Access
Back again for those who missed it before
20% off VPN Service
Wiki Community Board
This can and should be used by you to post updated deal information.
Be sure to read this because it may contain answers to your questions!
THIS IS A US Based Company and is subject to prying government eyes
The corporate response below is great from P.I.A. ... from a PR perspective BUT P.I.A. is subject to supreme law of the land (and alphabet agencies) regardless of whatever they state in a blog post (including one that was just written today).
Companies are forbidden from disclosing ties with the government and Google/M$/Yahoo are perfect examples of this... Lavabit is the only one that refused to collude with the government outright and they had to shut down.
If you're worried about privacy and considering paying with BitCoins (as outlined by someone below) you definitely should seek a hosting provider that's NOT based in the U.S..
- Private Internet Access response to PRISM https://www.privateinte
- Private Internet Access thoughts on Encryption https://www.privateinte
- Rick Falkvinge (founder of the Pirate Party) on Private Internet Access Blog on Why Privacy Matters - https://www.privateinte
Why you need a VPN
351+ Servers in 9+ Countries
More Info on various services available (2013 edition)
5 Simultaneous Logins per Account
SOCKS5 Proxy Included
OpenVPN / L2TP / PPTP
Heads up: Doesn't work in mainland China, so save your time and money if you plan to use it there.
You may also like to try a free alternative....
HotSpot Shield (American VPN, Powered By Ads) (Adblock Plus Extension kills off these ads in Firefox & Chrome.
Here are some alternative VPN services that have large selection of servers (worldwide)
Setting up BT software Vuze (used to be call Azureus) to only use VPN connection (won't connect if VPN connection not available.)
Here is a tutorial of it.
Here's a tutorial for utorrent: http://wiki.hidemyass.
(Remember to un-check make new firewall rule in utorrent settings/prefs)
Enter the interface identifier into the field next to "Bind to local IP address or interface" in the settings.
Note that the interface identifier is named different on every system, so make sure to check how exactly it is called on yours.
In their example, it is "eth15" for OpenVPN, "net2" for PPTP" and "net1" for L2TP.
Make sure the checkbox next to "Enforce IP bindings even when interfaces are not available" is checked;
otherwise it can happen that Vuze keeps downloading without using the VPN.
If the Vuze setup is done correctly, it will ONLY use your VPN connection. If you didn't login to your VPN service, Vuze won't work.
For those of use still trying to pay with Anonymous Bitcoins... or as Anonymous as possible... There is a good recent link that Zabeer123 shared with us in the thread... This is a step-by-step guide to creating an anonymous wallet for what ever reason... There is also an option to pay with a one time gift card....
Two Mostly Somewhat anonymous Payment Options
** ALWAYS PAY CASH FOR EITHER OPTION / DO NOT USE SAVINGS CARDS IF BUYING @ A GROCERY STORE/CVS/WALGREEN's or Other / DO NOT ASK A BUSINESS HOW LONG THEY SAVE THEIR SECURITY FOOTAGE OR YOU'LL FLAG YOURSELF **
1st - BitCoins - A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating an Anonymous Wallet for Covert Practices
Key quote/point of tutorial below (You'll still be on camera whereever you end up doing the exchange) Read, Read and Read the tutorial some more until you know what you are doing.
- As anonymous as you can theoretically get
- Once you learn how to do it, you can replicate it for next time
- Should cost about 3%-7% above MT.Gox average price, which should be less then $4.95 per transaction on smaller amounts of $75
- You still have to meet some one in public or at their business.
- You'll still be on camera at Starbucks or at a business
- You are trusting a stranger
- It costs money to mix your BitCoins @ a mixing service
- Value of BitCoins can fluctuate widely, often.
- Never use your home wifi to purchase or mix BitCoins. You will have to drive to a Library or Starbucks, or similar place with public wifi.
2nd - Credit Card Gift Cards - You can also pay with a CC Gift Card. They are available from different companies and from different retailers. Get one that is not re-loadable but that you can add an exact amount at purchase time. Most will run about $4.95 per GC. This way you pay the amount needed + $4.95. Call ahead to make sure the GC you are looking for is available where you plan to purchase. Choose a location where you don't normally go to and wear a hat/cap/shades. Make sure you grab the right GC and that you add the correct amount because once activated/purchaed you probably can't change the balance. Go to an out of place retailer and not to a mall. Gas station stores are probably your best bet.
(This part hurt my head way too much to fix)
Most of this info is part of different blog posts old & more recent that when combine can give u the best option in u'r area & case... I've included links to said Blog posts... I included a hint to the best CC Gift Card... Said CC Gift Card will either not require any online registration or the only info they will request is a random ZipCode u will need to remember... Always use Tor & TorEmail when dealing with registration of u'r choice of CC Gift Card's... If possible use a public Wifi when doing said registration... Always use bogus info when registering said CC GC.... Also always write down the info u use for said registrations... Never use u'r CC GC at more then one service or purchase... But if u do... Only pay for the same service... NEVER use the CC GC on different services or u'll create linkage... CC GC do come with FEE's for u'r balance... Usually said fees don't start until 7 months or longer... So depending on how much $$ u add to u'r card & how long u plan to hold said CC GC... Be aware of how much extra it will cost u.... U will find the best option for u by reading all the links below...
(end part too hard to fix)
- Theoretically a lot more anonymous then your Paypal, Visa, MasterCard, etc
- Much easier to purchase then BitCoins.
- Easy to purchase if you do your homework.
- You can "cook" your card by waiting 30-90 days before using it to make sure the video footage of you buying has been overwritten
- If you choose the right GC, it will probably be ready to go within 24 hours of purchase or the only info you will need to register online will be a random ZipCode. Don't forget what random Zipcode used.
- $5 per GC for possible anonymity
- Theoretically not as anonymous as BitCoins.
- Say Cheese. You're on camera for as long as the retail location keeps their security video
- The bigger retailer you go to the longer you will be on camera purchasing the GC.
- GC's can incrue fees after a certain amount of time. Read the back to find out.
- You might have to register the GC with bogus info online. (Most non-refillable cards can be registered with bogus info. Write down what you use). Use Tor & TorEmail for anything related to the GC and if possible don't do it at home. Remember TorMail and Tor is easily comprimised.
- Re-using the GC negates any anonymity, so get as close to the amount you need.
- Using a GC for something that needs an actuall shipping address negates any anonymity as well.
- $5 per GC for possible anonymity.
READ, READ, & READ & then READ some more. I think both of these payment options are worth the hassle to add a layer or two of anonymity when purchasing a VPN or other online service.
Thanks to all the SlickDeals users that help us provide this information.
The Best VPN Of 2013______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
NOTE: 9/2 2:30pm EST. I spent quite some time cleaning up the text in this wiki. I've replaced most, if not all of the "U, U'r, U'll, &, and ..." with actual words. I also fixed some basic grammatical errors. Still far from perfect, but at least easier on the eyes.
Popular Deals (By Votes)
Use Coupon Code: HOLIDAZE
at American Eagle Outfitters