No it isn't. A lot of luxuries in life used to be expensive back when being a "millionaire" meant something. There is a lot of abundance now, and the standard of living has certainly risen, along with inflation.
But a billion is NOT the new million. I'd say probably between $5-$10 million is the new million.
Also, while being rich was always challenging in every era, it has probably gotten easier now with free access to information and the ability to monetize one's thoughts/ideas easily than - say - 100 years ago. Think about Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg - he was billionaire in his low 20's, which has never ever happened in history.
The hope is (IF THIS DOESNT GO OFFTOPIC), people who have become successful, or know someone who has, will share their story. We can all benefit by reading these stories.
I'm going to ask readers to FOLLOW A FEW SIMPLE GUIDELINES:
1. if you dont have a (TRUE) experience to share about becoming a millionaire, or someone you know who became one, PLEASE DO NOT POST. Offtopic posts will clutter the thread, and it will be far more valuable if EVERY post is an account of someones success story.
2. Please dont debate/nitpick. Just let people share their experiences. We all know zillow valuations arent accurate, tax implications can reduce the actual numbers, etc. Debating takes the thread off the intended topic (readers posting their experiences). If you see flaws in someone's estimations, pat yourself on the back for spotting them, but dont take the thread offtopic. Theres no age restriction on this thread, so even if it took you or someone you know till they were 60 to make it, thats fine. If you havent quite hit a million exactly but are close, dont ask whether its OK to post, just post and indicate where you are....
3. Be as detailed as you can/are comfortable with. Age millionaire status attained, occupation, your road to wealth, lessons learned, mistakes made, etc. Anything you want to include, with as much detail as may help others understand your key to success. If you dont want to say you did it, say your friend did
4. RESPECT PEOPLE'S PRIVACY AND DO NOT PM THEM unless they specifically indicate in their post that they "INVITE PMS."
5. Use the red/green ratings to filter OT posts. If I green you , its because you shared your experience on becoming a millionaire...if I red you, its not bc I dont like you or dont agree with you, but simply to filter the posts that are sharing experiences vs. the posts that are OT or going off on tangential issues. By using the ratings filter system that way , one can read the entire thread, or choose to set their ratings filter to green and see JUST the posts that are sharing experiences on becoming a millionaire.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.