Thread DetailsLast Edited by bru20 November 4, 2013 at 04:31 PM
* Available only in stores with Target Mobile. Hours vary by store. Visit www.targettrade
$200 is issued in the form of a "Target Electronics Trade-In Gift Card". See screen shot in Wiki. Different than a regular GC. Able to be used in store and online.
Also GCs on select Apple products:
$40 Gift Card iPad w/ Retina display Wi-Fi 16GB Other Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi+Cellular models available.
$25 Gift Card iPad mini Wi-Fi 16GB
$10 Gift Card Apple TV
$15 Gift Card iPod nano 16GB
$25 Gift Card iPod touch 32GB (5th Generation)
To find a Target Mobile use the regular store locator, put in a zip code and select Target Mobile under "Only search for stores with:"
http://www.target.com/store-locator/find-stores see screen shot below
10% Bonus for iTunes cards:
Currently, Target is selling iTunes cards at 10% discount (ie - $50 cards at $45). I purchased four of them for a total of $180, and I put the remainder on a Target GC, so total value out the door is $220 in gift cards. Checked out at front register, easy peasy.
Beware: iTunes cards can only be used on App store content, not on hardware
Some have reported success doing this online (at website in OP) using the code novipad200. They said they received a shipping label. See comment below:
INSTORE the CSR will use the novipad200 code and they will print you a receipt, and on the shipping instructions, it will say to include the receipt.
Novipad200 expired online
The code "novipad200" is only for locations that are not taking the ipads themselves. Instead they have you mail it in, but you have to see them first!!
This matches up with the confirmation email you will receive if you try and do it yourself online. READ IT CAREFULLY.
Quote :1. Erase all personal and sensitive information from your item.
2. Remove all passwords and user locks or set them to 1234.
3. If you are participating in one of our Bonus programs please remember to insert the receipts required to qualify for the bonus.
This is not necessarily true. Online trade-in print-out does include shipping label and official trade-receipt, with order no, date, bar code, your name and address, the items you traded in, and also the amount you will get. It is not the paper receipt with "Target Mobile" logo but I think it is formal enough.
1) Do I need to bring in the box or cables? - No iPad unit only no accessories, etc.
2) Should I reset the iPad prior to turning it in? - Probably not, most reps need to browse to settings to get the serial/model #
3) Does my iPad have to work (power button doesnt work, home button doesnt work, battery dead, water logged, etc) ? - depends - The reps should do #2, however you may get lucky - YMMV
4) What if my ipad has scratches/broken housing - Depends - The only requirement is that it shouldn't be cracked, but YMMV - depends on the staff member
5) Where do I take it in Target? - Mobile sales desk/Kiosk - if they sell mobile phones/plans it should have a mobile Dept. Search Target.com for a store and it should say "target mobile"
6) In Store - Am I required to buy an iPad as part of my trade in? - As of Sunday - No. You get a 200 electronics trade in card which is treated as a MasterCard with a 16 digit number. If the intent was the trade in be used only for an iPad, then Target corporate could send out a memo to stores to require a purchase. If your store requires you to buy one, try a different store or shift.
7) Can I do the trade-in online - Yes see the info at the top - Receipt of an iPad purchase is required, so they could deny claims without receipt. YMMV
8) Can I trade in any other tablet - Sure, but you won't get 200 Minimum - use the online tool to find your actual trade in value for non-ipads.
9) Can I trade in an iPod or iPhone - Sure, but you won't get 200 Minimum - use the online tool to find your actual trade in value for non-ipads.
10) Can I trade in in iPad 1 for 200 - Yes
11) Can I trade in in iPad 3 - Yes, but you will only get 200, iPad 3 16GB nets 175 from NextWorth, so you automatically get 200.
12) Why is Target not requiring the purchase of a new iPad? - Just a guess, but I believe the promotion wasn't explained well in the communications. Target wins (in the long run across all customers) as long as you use the money at Target.
13) How can I use the $200 online at Target.com - you must convert to a regular gift card if your purchase is over $200 because it is treated as a credit card, an you can use 4 gift cards and 1 credit card per order.
14) Can I use the electronics giftcard elsewhere or buy a visa giftcard in Target - Unknown.
15) Can I trade in more than one iPad? Ad says "each device..." which implies yes. But YMMV.
16) Can I trade in an international Model that's not bough in US ? Probably, it depends on the store and the clerk, if they enter the model number and can not find it, ask them to click on the blue question mark next to the model and pick the model from it. It worked for me with a 16G ipad1 from china.
For someone who wants to use the giftcard online or at other stores. Be aware some report the payment not actually going through when they try to use it at Amazon for example.
Go to: www.getmybalanc
After you register, the "Target Electronics Trade In card" will acts as a Master Card. On the back of the card, there is 16 digits is considered as a 16 digits on regular credit card. There is also the valid through 11/22 which means MM/YY as a expired date on regular credit card.
Also, there is the 6 digits number at the bottom line of the card, the last three digits will be the CVV of the regular card. So, with all that information, you can use the target trade in card as a regular credit card with $200 value.*
**This card does not work at other retailer stores, only Target Stores!**
*Thanks to TungN