Deal DetailsLast Edited by BostonGirl November 18, 2013 at 02:34 PM
Chase Sapphire Preferred.
50 (+5)k after $3000 spend.
That's the link.
- 50k after $3000 spend in 3 months.
- 5k after adding an authorized user
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, after that $125
- Chip Enabled and zero Forex
1. OMG! I just applied for this card and that card..and that other one as well. Can I get this?
Depends on your income, amount of credit Chase is willing to forward you, how many inquiries you have now, AND if those others cards were all Chase apps or just a bunch of other cards.
2. So.. What does 55k get me?
Well, firstly it gets you the prize for "Most original question that has never been asked in any Chase thread, EVER".
55,000 points can get you .
- easy $550. or.
- about $650 worth of travel if you redeem the points for a ticket. You get a 20% discount.
- 5 one way flights within the U.S in economy.
- one return ticket within the U.S in First Class.
- For 60,000 points, you can get a return ticket from East Coast -Europe in Economy.
OR a one way ticket in business.
3. So no HDMI? Boo!
Yeah, unfortunately, there's no HDMI included.
4. Woah!! The annual fee went up! No way!
Way! You STILL don't have to pay it in the first year. And by the time the next year hits, you can either cancel it. OR downgrade it to a Chase Freedom card to hold on to your credit limit and history.
5. Will I get that fancy looking card?
Yes you will! It's heavier than regular cards and is made out of metal! One of the cooler looking cards out there!
6. What's with that chip thing?
Chip technology is VERY prevalent in Europe. So since this card has no foreign transaction fee, Chase hopes that you'd make use of this card over other cards with no forex but no chip either. THOUGH, I believe this is a chip and signature card, which makes it useless, because the machines in Europe are chip and pin ones.
7. Will there be a better offer? Should I wait?
This card used to offer 50k back in the day, but it's been 40k for a while now. There's no way you're getting a better offer than 55k. There are people who've been targeted for 75k offers. But those offers are very very rare. Just get this, will ya!
8. I had this card last year/ I HAVE this card right now, can I get it again?
Nice try buddy boy. But you can't.
That's not how Chase works. For the better part, Chase cards are not churnable. Though there are people who have slipped through the cracks, for the better part (read: 99.99%), you can only get the bonus ONCE for a certain type of card.
Lots of people say that if you wait for a few years, the clock resets...It does NOT. What really happens is that in that time period, Chase reinvents the card, and re-releases it as a new product.
You would thus be eligible for the bonus again because it's a new card.