Deal DetailsLast Edited by BostonGirl November 18, 2013 at 01:34 PM
Chase Sapphire Preferred.
50 (+5)k after $3000 spend.
That's the link.
- 50k after $3000 spend in 3 months.
- 5k after adding an authorized user
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, after that $125
- Chip Enabled and zero Forex
1. OMG! I just applied for this card and that card..and that other one as well. Can I get this?
Depends on your income, amount of credit Chase is willing to forward you, how many inquiries you have now, AND if those others cards were all Chase apps or just a bunch of other cards.
2. So.. What does 55k get me?
Well, firstly it gets you the prize for "Most original question that has never been asked in any Chase thread, EVER".
55,000 points can get you .
- easy $550. or.
- about $650 worth of travel if you redeem the points for a ticket. You get a 20% discount.
- 5 one way flights within the U.S in economy.
- one return ticket within the U.S in First Class.
- For 60,000 points, you can get a return ticket from East Coast -Europe in Economy.
OR a one way ticket in business.
3. So no HDMI? Boo!
Yeah, unfortunately, there's no HDMI included.
4. Woah!! The annual fee went up! No way!
Way! You STILL don't have to pay it in the first year. And by the time the next year hits, you can either cancel it. OR downgrade it to a Chase Freedom card to hold on to your credit limit and history.
5. Will I get that fancy looking card?
Yes you will! It's heavier than regular cards and is made out of metal! One of the cooler looking cards out there!
6. What's with that chip thing?
Chip technology is VERY prevalent in Europe. So since this card has no foreign transaction fee, Chase hopes that you'd make use of this card over other cards with no forex but no chip either. THOUGH, I believe this is a chip and signature card, which makes it useless, because the machines in Europe are chip and pin ones.
7. Will there be a better offer? Should I wait?
This card used to offer 50k back in the day, but it's been 40k for a while now. There's no way you're getting a better offer than 55k. There are people who've been targeted for 75k offers. But those offers are very very rare. Just get this, will ya!
8. I had this card last year/ I HAVE this card right now, can I get it again?
Nice try buddy boy. But you can't.
That's not how Chase works. For the better part, Chase cards are not churnable. Though there are people who have slipped through the cracks, for the better part (read: 99.99%), you can only get the bonus ONCE for a certain type of card.
Lots of people say that if you wait for a few years, the clock resets...It does NOT. What really happens is that in that time period, Chase reinvents the card, and re-releases it as a new product.
You would thus be eligible for the bonus again because it's a new card.
Phone number 1-800-297-5578
For those in 40k promotion, a secure message will match you 5k, they will not match 50k b/c the lower annual fee
If you're closing a British Airways account to replace it with the Sapphire Preferred, call in to close the account and ask how much credit can be re-allocated at that time - before they formally close the account. Applied online for Sapphire, then called to close British Airways - they moved most of my credit limit over to the Sapphire.
Chip technology on credit cards is very prevalent in both Europe AND Asia.
(800) 955-9296 - Since so many people are still asking for phone number to call for expedited shipping
credit score / credit limit / income
620 (Experian) / $18,000 limit
643 (CreditKarma) / "pending review"
688 (creditKarma) / $8000 limit
701 (Transunion Fico)/$8000 limit/105k
705 (normally 750) CreditKarma /8,600 /43k
735 (CK) 661 (EQ) / $5,000 limit / $60k income
746 (CreditKarma) / $9000/ $50k Student income
747 (Equifax) / $15,000 / $95K income
752 (creditKarma) / $12000 limit / ~$60k gross income
758 (Credit Karma)/ 28K Limit
759 (Credit Karma) /$25,000 limit / 230k income
760 (CK)/ $5,000 limit / $110K/yr
765 (CreditKarma)/ $5,000 limit / $25k income
766 (Credit Karma)/ $12,600 limit / $63k income
766 (Credit Karma) / $18,000 limit
766 (Credit Karma) / $19,500 limit / $80k income
769 (creditKarma) / 18,000 limit / 90k income
771 (creditKarma) / $7,000 limit
771 (CreditKarma) / 16,000 limit
776 (Credit Karma) /$16,000 limit/ $80k income
778 (creditKarma) / $25,000 limit
785 (creditKarma) / $25,000 limit
791 (creditKarma) / $16,000 limit / $80k income
800 (Credit Karma)/ $7,600 limit / $38k Income
670(Credit karma)/$15,000 limit/$75k Income
784 (TransUnion)/ $8,000 limit / $40k Income
692 (experia) / $5,000 limit / 40k income
740 (FICO) / $17,000 / $160,000 income
785 (FICO) / $27,500 / $340,000 income
767 / $17 500 / $90K
Useful Chase Telephone Numbers.
(800) 432-3117 - General Application Status Line, automated
(800) 436-7927 - Alternative General Application Status Line, automated
(888) 245-0625 - Personal Reconsideration Line with a live rep
(888) 609-7805 - Alternative Personal Reconsideration line with live rep
(888) 871-4649 - Alternative Personal Reconsideration with live rep
(800) 453-9719 - Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 432-3117 - General Card Services and Application Status, automated
(800) 955-9900 - General Card Services and Application status, automated
(888) 298-5623 - Credit Reallocation Office (Personal cards)
(800) 453-9719 - Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 - Executive Offices
Chase: 800-436-7927 (App status - automated)
Chase: 888-270-2127 (App recon)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)
Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Ofc. in IL)
Chase: 800-955-9900 (Product change status questions)
Chase: 888-688-6708 (Chase Credit Dept additional number?, need confirmation, credit to Express)
More backdoor numbers for other bank: http://ficoforums.myfi
These are Chase Ultimate Reward (UR) Points
You will be getting a minimum of 58,000 points after the $3k minimum spend with the authorized user bonus
You earn 2pts per dollar when you use the card to book travel or at restaurants, netting you up to 61,000 points on your $3k spend.
You earn 3pts per dollar when you use the Chase travel portal to book hotel or airfare, netting you up to 64,000 points on your $3k spend
You can get more points if you purchase within bonus categories or use the Chase Mall feature that you will find in your online account (up to 20% CB, holidays have good bonuses also)
You will get 7% bonus dividend on points earned after your December statement (1st year), and at your 12mo anniversary every subsequent year. You do not get a bonus on the 55k or on points you transfer from other programs.
Minimum spend and cashout after your December statement nets you a minimum of 58k + 7% = 62k points
^sign up bonus does not qualify for 7% dividend, thus you will only get 58k + (3000*0.07)=58,210
The value of these points is subjective:
= $580 statement credit
= $580 gift cards / merchandise from Chase
= $696 Travel through Chase
= approx $800 through 3rd party point buyers (search SD for reputable ones)
= 2 RT domestic tickets + 1 OW domestic = about $1k redemption value OR MORE
= 1 RT to Europe or Asia = about $1200 redemption value OR MORE
Adding an authorized user using the Chase online account website:
Go to Customer Center (tab to the right of My Accounts and Payments & Transfers) , look under Credit Card in the middle, right column, Add Authorized User link. I had to click it a couple times to get it to work.
If you don't already have an online account, you can wait until you get the card, create an online account, then do the above. Anytime in the first 3 months should get the bonus, per the offer details.
Possible downgrading cards
- Chase Freedom
- Chase Sapphire (the no fee version)