Deal DetailsLast Edited by disk December 30, 2013 at 01:19 PM
H&R Block 2013 Deluxe + State + eFile Free! 12-16-2013 - Slickdeals.net
I have checked the ISO (Windows part only) in that thread and it is legitimate (all digital signatures are ok).
I received a promotional CD in the mail from H&R Block today, one of the "pass along to a friend" ones. I have uploaded that CD labeled "2013 FULL VERSION TAX SOFTWARE". It looks like they dropped the "At Home" wording from their software. Also I have attached a scan of the CD sleeve to this post for detailed information but here's the basic rundown:
- Deluxe $10
- Deluxe + State $15
- Premium + State $25
All versions above come with:
- "Free unlimited real-time chat with a tax expert" (new)
- "FREE AUDIT SUPPORT"
- "One federal program & five free federal e-files"
Other important information you should know before you buy:
- H&R Block charges Mac users more. It's looking highly unlikely you will see any discount pricing if you are a Mac user. Mac users Lava and Darksid3 (reps to them) report they get pricing of $25 for Deluxe+State in a Mac. User Darksid3 then tried in Windows and got the discount pricing.
- If you earned less than $57k and are age 52 or younger you can file Federal taxes through H&R Block's website (no software) for free, and you may also receive free state e-file depending on your state (see the state list at the end of this post). For more information consult their homepage.
- Although the +State versions include a state program of your choosing you may still have to pay for state e-file. I'm sure someone will find a way around that like they did last year. For some states you don't have to pay for e-file and/or e-file may now be required (ie New York). See the state list at the end of this post.
- H&R Block is running their free promotion again this year, as reported by user shandril (reps to him). The promotion is Deluxe+State, and 5 Federal and 1 State e-files, for free. . Refer to the edit at very the top of this thread for more information.
Use one of the links below to download the ISO and then mount it or burn it to a CD. It should start automatically if you have autorun enabled, but if you have it disabled you can start the program by clicking on tcauto.exe. Some users (moon_2100 & JuMpMaN6235, reps to them) are reporting it is also possible to run tcauto after using WinRAR or 7-zip to extract the files from the ISO instead of mounting or burning.
- HRBlock2013.iso (if you have an HTML5 browser this is one of the fastest, but if you don't the download could stop abruptly so use one of the other links instead)
Additional +State e-file fee information.
New York specific:
According to the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, for 2013 :
"Most taxpayers who use software [H&R Block, TaxSlayer, TurboTax, etc] to prepare their income tax returns must also e-file." And it goes on to say: "There are no additional charges: The cost of tax preparation software includes the e-filing service. In fact, New York law prohibits an additional charge for e-filing."
Other states *may* have similar rules: AR, AZ, DE, GA, IA, ID, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO, MS, ND, NC, NY, OK, OR, RI, SC, VA, VT, WV, DC.
Add information for your state to the wiki or let me know and I'll add it here.
Other tax deals (If you know of any I can put them here or use the wiki):
H&R Block Deluxe 2013 free after $60 rebate (FAR) when purchased with Total Internet Security