H&RBlock 2013 ISO (skydrive)
MD5 Sum: 0fef5045d1c47216d4f99071f1866c3d (for ISO), 7918fe8c65192812bc706a673500bfb5 (for application.xml)
It comes with 1 free State + 1 free State eFile.
It also comes with 5 free Federal eFile.
There's an offer for $20-25 for upgrade to premium for those who needs self-employment forms or schedule C too but that is not as hot.
I was able to install it on one computer and got an activation code. File to run is TCAuto.exe, not setup.exe. If you try to run the H&R Block Deluxe+state 2013.exe file directly, it may say that offer has expired and offer you the $15 deal. Same thing when I tried to copy the content of the CD to a folder and tried to run it from there.
To install onto another PC using the same activation code, I ran as admin the file: HRBlock_Deluxe+Efile+State_2013_CD.exe /vRun=/DTS (same extensions as last year and it bypassed all the promo and directly installed the copy). After installtion, within the program, I just activated with the same activation code.
Here are the application.xml and SplashContent.swf files in a zip.
Feel free to share with friends and family. The mailer (see back pic below) and splash screen at the end of installation encourages you to.
Get the Application.txt file from here. Rename to application.xml
Mount the iso (I used Daemon tools lite). Double click on mounted image if it (tcauto.exe) did not autoran.
Add free version to cart, click no thanks on upgrade.
Reconnect network, fill in your information and register, print the codes given for future reference. Install as normal.
ALTERNATE method: (also in Post # 70)
You do not need to remove/edit any files using this method.
1. Here is the zip file that you need to download
2. Extract using 7z.
3. Disconnect from Internet completely.
4. Run TCAUTO.exe (On win7, run as administrator)
5. After the splash screen, the FREE offer (Deluxe) will come up.
6. Re-connect to internet at this time.
7. Now you will be able to Register and get an activation code. (they will try to upsell premium one, you may wish to ignore that).
8. Enjoy !!
Hopefully this helps someone: (also in post # 75)
1. Download the ISO
2. Download 7-Zip
3. Extract ISO to a folder on your desktop. Name the folder Block13 (just an example)
4. Unhide files and folder if needed.
5. Go to Block13 folder and open Folder XML
6. Rename "application.xml" to "application_old.xml"
7. Paste the attached file "application.zip" in the folder XML and unzip the file in the XML folder http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachment.php?
7i. xml file goes to xml folder and swf file goes to assets folder.
8. Disconnect Internet
9. Now run tcauto.exe
10. Close the demo video, select the free option, fill in your details
11. Before you click "Register", connect to Internet and check by opening a webpage
12. Click register and Done!
13. If you want more than one key, run "regedit", go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GoDirect and delete "GoDirect"
14. restart at step 8
If Step 9 fails to load (blank), replace SplashContent.swf in assets folder with attached file.
Same steps as last years
For the technically challenged, here is a self-extracting executable . The .xml file has already been replaced. Disconnect from the Internet before running. The files will be automatically extracted to your temp folder, and the tcauto.exe file will automatically run. Reconnect to the Internet just before submitting your info. (Post #103)
Solution for multiple installs on the same computer.
If you were sent your own disk (regardless of offer) by H&R block:
Copy contents to your C drive in a folder titled "HRBlock13"
Download the application.xml file from OP
Swap out the application.xml file from your files with the one downloaded form the OP
Disconnect from internet and run TCAUTO file.
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.