Wiki Community Board This can and should be used by you to post updated deal information. Be sure to read this because it may contain answers to your questions!
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.
The following has had a price increase
WALMART Hoover SteamVac SpinScrub Carpet Washer $85 WITH FS now $99
Last edited by cricket702; 12-20-2013 at 11:14 AM..
I have one of these (I bought off of craigslist for about this price with the scrubber attachment that was never used) and it seems to work well. I don't have anything to compare it to, but it gets dirt out of my carpets.
I like to use folex instead of their fragranted carpet cleaners.
I have had the surge model also for about 2 years now. It has done a pretty good job and is comparable to a rug doctor in terms of its results. I think this model is likely just as good. You do get an extra rotatin brush attachment with the surge model, but I find I rarely use that. I use the Zep carpet extractor shampoos. Overall I think this is the best non-commericial cleaner on the market and is a bargain at this price.
- very manuverable compared to a rug doctor. It can get under tables without having to move everything. I really like this.
- parts seem readily available
- pretty good suction. carpets dry very quickly
- small fresh and waste water chambers means you can do about a 150 sqft before you need to empty and refill.
- plastic parts: you need to treat it gently, especially the rotatiing brushes beneath. I broke off my spinning indicator on mine. Still works ok.
- can be heavy when filled, so a bit awkward to use on stairs for smaller people, but the wand does work pretty good.
- can develop some leaks over time. It's not a big deal as long as the machine is being continually used, but mine will leak a bit when left between refills. I just suck it up again and continue on.
1. make sure the top of the waste chanber is properly seated so that suction is max. There is a mechanism on the front of that which drops down to attach the extension wand. That needs to be in the fully up position when not in use. Many people return machines because of this.
2. The weakness in these machines over time tends to be hose leaks or the cheap bearings in the pump turbine inside the unit start to rust and the the brushes seize up. This can be fixed by someone who is very handy without replacing the turbine (bit pricy) by just lubing or replacing those bearings. Hoses are cheap and can be easily replaced.
Expect to get maybe 2 years on average out of regular monthy use; more if you are handy and can fix things I mentioned.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.