Thread DetailsLast Edited by flaco92 January 4, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Trade in 1 qualifying item, get $5 gift card
Trade in 2 qualifying items, get $10 gift card
Trade in 3 qualifying items, get a $15 gift card
Trade in 4 qualifying items, get a $20 gift card
Trade in 5 qualifying items, get a $25 gift card
1) Item must be in working condition
2) Customer must present drivers license and store must participate in RadioShack trade and save program
3) Customer must process all applicable trades at one time. Customers cannot trade in one device at store A and then trade in three additional devices at store B.
4) Customers will receive credit off their purchase or a RadioShack gift card, whichever they device.
5) Customers cannot process over five items per drivers license(Not sure how we are tracking that?)
This is a slick way to get rid of old cell phones, headphones, video games and other things that clutter up your house. Please ask any questions, I work at a RadioShack corporate owned store and am always willing to answer questions that come up with RadioShack deals!
Anyone tried to go in more than once ? and trade in 5 items per visit? answer: READ THE WIKI
Before Transaction Advice: According to a Radio Shack rep who messed my trade up they need to take in all items on 1 trade and not individually. Their normal trade in program is setup to take a trade per item and close the sale out. If they do that on this trade, it will stop you from trading in more then the first item and it can't be undone. So, be sure to inform them of this.
GameStop had Madden 2008 and 2009 for $.50 each
Official Trade In Promotion Website: http://www.radioshack.
Q: Can I trade in ________?
A: Generally, as long as the item is in working condition(powers on), yes you should be able to trade it in. It has to be less than five pounds and a consumer electronic.
Q: How are they tracking how much I trade in?
A: They are tracking by drivers license or ID #.
Q: Why won't store accept ______? Isn't it a consumer electronic?
A: It may be. However, the item has to be in working condition. If it is, contact RadioShack Customer Service at 1-800-Radioshack or RadioShack on Facebook.
Q: Can you do this more than once?
A: Likely not. Went with some friends to do the trade-in, and cashier tried to run my license twice, computer denied it
Q: Why doesn't the location checker show stores in my area?
A: It should for most states. Make sure you are not using the location finder on a mobile device, it seems to cause errors in finding locations in some instances.
Q: Can I buy kindle giftcards with my radioshack giftcard?
A: Yes, the register allows it, but YMMV based on cashier/manager. RS website says you cannot buy a giftcard with a giftcard, but it does work. Probably not worth trying on the same trip as your trade-in.
Q: Is this deal per household or per person?
A: The register requires an ID from a drivers license and is per person. If you live in a 2+ person household where multiple members of the household can drive, bring them along, each individual will qualify.
Check Locations: http://www.radioshackt
The Amazing Intellivision and Atari 2600 Cartridge Adventure staring Combat & Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack
What did you trade in ? (List the items below) ------
1. Video Games (old DS style), any video games (if you don't have any or want to trade in your games, go to Dollar Tree or GameStop to buy $0.99 used games)
2. Generic headphones/ear buds/gaming headphones
3. Memory Cards, SD, MicroSD, USB Flash Drive
4. PC Games, Old USB PC gaming controller
5. Old edge/3g sim card style dumbphones
6. 5 pair of headphones from the .99 cent store/dollar store .Accepted all 5 with no problems whatsoever. (orange county, ca)
7. External hard drive, wireless keyboard, modem, router, cell phone (required thumbprint?). What didnt work: Internal CD drives and network card (computer component, not accessory), external zip drive
8. Wife's old vibrator (actually not accepted, but my sales agent took it for his wife)
9. HD-DVDs YMMV??
10. USB Photo Keychain
11. Vonage Boxes
12. Nettalk Duo devices (tell them they are similar to Magicjack and they need to use Vonage as item in the register).
13. Small Flashlights that use AAA Batteries. Source: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
14. Console Controllers (N64) Source: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
15. food processor (cheap walmart variety)
16. Xbox 360 game disc 2 (extra content)
17. Sealed Blood Gluclose Test Meters (CVS store Brand)
18 Cheap Beard trimmers
19. Big face calculator
20. 1990's DVD remotes
Items to buy at radioshack instead of getting a gift card
Kindle card(Amazon gift card)
Xbox live membership/credit cards
PSN membership/shop cards
Xbox One Controllers or other gaming hardware
Anyone who successfully trade in the dollar ear buds tomorrow please update here.
see #6 above and post #275 - link to post #275 is above under "success stories" - dollar headphones will work, no problem.
Told by employee "State of Florida does not allow for participation in this event"
Under the Rules for this promotion in OP's screenshot, it says this:
All stores located in the state of Florida are not eligible to participate in this offer.
Portland, OR Radioshacks are banned from participating in this promotion.
A heads up for people who are in a rush or dont have time (Can take up to 30 minutes for a cashier to process), this is how long it takes to print a receipt for 5 trade ins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7PyG2l
* My experience was different - just 3 signatures on two standard sized (but long) receipts.
For Complaints about botched up promos go here:
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.