Thread DetailsLast Edited by Thermaltake February 16, 2014 at 05:44 AM
Go around the world and remember everywhere you have been in your whole life journey!
Fog of World is a real-life game that you need to remove the fog on the map by exploring around the world. It's a fantastic way to find out where you have and haven't been in your lifetime.
○ This Fog of World App Might Be the Funnest App I’ve Seen in a Long Time
- Casey Chan, Gizmodo
○ We don't remember the last time we've run into an app that is as interesting as Fog of World
- Kevin Smith, Business Insider
○ Fog of World turns moving through your city and your world into a game of exploration (Rating: 8/10)
- Paula DuPont, AppStorm
○ Original worldwide location tracking game that will make you want to explore every street in your city and far wider (Rating: 92/100)
- LITTLE APP REVIEW
○ Fog of World uses the fog of war from videogames to gamify traveling
- The Awesomer
○ Was holding the 1st position for top stories on Hacker News!
- Hacker News (267 points, 154 comments. Sep. 30, 2012)
○ Top 10 Innovative New Apps Made in Taiwan
- Tech in Asia (Aug. 6, 2013)
- Record where you have been using GPS-enabled iOS devices
- Locations are also recorded when app is running in the background
- Fog covers where you haven't been on the map (just like the Fog of War in strategy games)
- Show the percentage of area your have explored around the world, around a continent, or even around a country
- Support for importing GPX and KML files
- Support for sync and backup through Dropbox
- Integrated with the Game Center
range"]UMBRA - android
Umbra is a exploration application based on the the Fog Of War concept used in strategy games. On the map the unexplored area is displayed grayed out while the explored part is clear. Since the unexplored parts of the map are shown greyed out you can use this application to explore a city or an area.
The application needs a GPS fix in order to mark an area as explored as the accuracy from the other location sources is not good enough. Currently the minimum accuracy needed for saving the explored area is set at 100 m (300 feet). The accuracy is displayed as a disc around the current position. Umbra saves your exploration in an internal database and nothing is sent over the network.
The explored area of the maps is persistent between applications restarts so you can explore an area, stop Umbra and then start it again.
This is a work in progress so if there are any bugs please report them by mail to email@example.com or by going to https://github.com/unchiujar/Umbra/issues
The application is open source, you can view the code on Github at https://github.com/unchiujar/Umbra[/COLOR]
World FOG - android
Use the GPS function to record footsteps.
Use GoogleMap to display map (Please install GoogleMap).
The recording file path is "/DCIM/WorldFog/data00~18.w" or "/mnt/sdcard/DCIM/WorldFog/data00~18.w".
Each record grid size is 1.73 x 1.73 km.