Marlboro Countdown to Summer Sweepstakes 4/14/14-5/25/14 (Excludes MA, MI, VA)
Marlboro Countdown to Summer Sweepstakes 4/14/14-5/25/14
PARTICIPATION LIMITED TO SMOKERS 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCEPT FOR RESIDENTS OF MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN AND VIRGINIA). VOID IN MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, VIRGINIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR ACCEPTANCE OF A PRODUCT OFFER DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Marlboro Countdown to Summer Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are smokers, 21 years of age or older (except for residents of Massachusetts, Michigan and Virginia). Void in Massachusetts, Michigan, Virginia and where prohibited by law. Employees of Philip Morris USA Inc. (“Presenter”), its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) of each are not eligible. Noncompliance with any of the above eligibility requirements will result in disqualification.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. ET (start of day) on 4/14/14 and continues through 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 5/25/14 (the “Promotion Period”). There are six (6) weekly entry periods (each a “Weekly Entry Period”):
WEEKLY ENTRY PERIODS
Weekly Entry Period Starting at 12:00:00 a.m. ET (start of day) on through 8:59:59 a.m. ET on
1 4/14/14 4/21/14
Weekly Entry Period Starting at 9:00:00 a.m. ET on through 8:59:59 a.m. ET on
2 4/21/14 4/28/14
3 4/28/14 5/5/14
4 5/5/14 5/12/14
5 5/12/14 5/19/14
Weekly Entry Period Starting at 9:00:00 a.m. ET on through 11:59:59 p.m. ET on
6 5/19/14 5/25/14
3. HERE’S HOW TO ENTER: To participate in the Sweepstakes, you must be a registered user at www.marlboro.co
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS: Random drawings will be conducted from among all eligible entries received for each prize drawing to award the prizes indicated in Rule 5. The odds of winning a prize will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for each prize drawing. All drawings will be conducted by D.L. Blair, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final. Drawings will be conducted within 48 hours of the entry deadline for each Weekly Entry Period. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received for a prize drawing to award all prizes for that drawing, a random drawing will be conducted from among all non-winning entries received during the Promotion Period within 48 hours of the entry deadline for the final Weekly Entry Period to award prizes remaining after the drawing (“Second Chance Drawing”). Limit one prize per person per Weekly Entry Period and one prize per person in the Second Chance Drawing, if a Second Chance Drawing is conducted.
5. AVAILABLE PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):
Weekly Entry Period 1
Quantity “Heating Up” Prizes ARV each
25 Fuego® Element™ Grill $299.99
200 Omaha Steaks® Gift Certificate $157.97
300 Legend™ BBQ Gift Set $34.95
500 Cuisinart® Folding Tool Grill Set $34.99
Weekly Entry Period 2
Quantity “Get Lost” Prizes ARV each
25 $500 Travel Gift Certificate $500.00
200 Bowers & Wilkins Headphones $299.99
300 Coleman® Steel Belted® Cooler $149.99
500 Rustico Travel Journal $59.50
Weekly Entry Period 3
Quantity “Make Waves” Prizes ARV each
25 Isle Glider Paddle Board $885.00
200 Kaenon® Driver Sunglasses $319.00
300 Kelty® Shademaker $249.95
500 Eco Terra Floating Boom Box $169.99
Weekly Entry Period 4
Quantity “Big Picture” Prizes ARV each
25 Sony® Smartphone Camera $249.99
200 Garmin® VIRB ™ $299.99
300 Canon PowerShot Camera $229.99
500 Vivitar® Spider Tripod $11.00
Weekly Entry Period 5
Quantity “Scenic Route” Prizes ARV each
25 Camden 106 Kayak $749.00
200 Aerofix Classic Bike $325.00
300 Kelty® Redwing 50 Backpack $124.95
500 GSI Dukjug Water Bottle $15.95
Weekly Entry Period 6
Quantity “Round ’Em Up” Prizes ARV each
25 Movie Theater System $1,829.86
200 Ashland Fire Pit $199.99
300 Patio Tabletop Heater $159.99
500 Spiegelau Tasting Glasses $49.90
No transfer or substitution of prize by winner permitted. Presenter will not be responsible for any portion of a prize which may not be available due to any event beyond Presenter’s control. Presenter reserves the right to provide a cash alternative or to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Winner acknowledges that Presenter has not made nor is in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize offered in this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Warranties regarding prizes (if any) are subject to the manufacturer’s terms, and winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty. Gift Certificates are not redeemable for cash and are subject to all terms and conditions of issuer. Omaha Steaks® Gift Certificate winners who are residents of the states of AK or HI will receive the cash equivalent of the prize (based on the ARV stated above), which will be awarded in the form of a check. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Winners are responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. The total approximate retail value of all 6,150 prizes available to be won is $888,845.00.
6. VERIFICATION: Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more and winners of multiple prizes with an aggregate value of $600 or more will be required to (i) sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release, and (ii) submit sufficient proof of age in the form of a legible photocopy of a valid, government-issued photo ID (e.g., a driver’s license) bearing a complete name, address, date of birth and signature (“Prize Documents”). Completed Prize Documents must be returned within 7 days (including Saturday, Sunday and holidays) of attempted notification. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Winners of prizes valued at $600 and winners of multiple prizes with an aggregate value of $600 or more will be required to provide their Social Security number as a condition of prize award and will be issued an IRS form 1099 representing the total value of all prizes won as stated in these Official Rules. Any false statement on the Prize Documents or other documents in connection with this Sweepstakes will result in disqualification. Any prize and/or notification returned to Presenter as undeliverable may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner.
7. GENERAL RULES: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All submitted information, registrations and entries are subject to verification. Prize will not be awarded if entry is associated with any login ID deemed void for any reason, including without limitation, if entry is not verified or recognized as being valid. Prizes will be shipped to winners at the mailing address on record with the Presenter. Allow eight weeks for prize delivery, following the notification process. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any prize. Philip Morris USA Inc., its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns will have no liability for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance or use of any prize. By accepting prize, winners agree to release and hold Philip Morris USA Inc., its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims, liability, loss, injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, which may arise by acceptance or redemption of any prize awarded herein. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name and/or likeness for commercial purposes without further notice and compensation, unless prohibited by law. Presenter, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, advertising and promotion agencies will have no responsibility for promotional materials that may be illegible, mutilated, altered, forged, duplicated or tampered with in any way, or for printing, typographical, mechanical or other errors or for any error in the notification or announcement of prizes. In the event more winners are notified than the number of available prizes stated in these Official Rules, all entrants who were so notified will be included in a random drawing to award the stated number of prizes. In no event will Presenter be obligated to award more prizes than the number of available prizes stated in these Official Rules. Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final.
NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PRESENTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Presenter will not be responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or mutilated mail; misdirected email; or for any technical problems; faulty, lost, garbled, incomplete, incorrect or mistranscribed data/phone transmissions; incorrect announcements of any kind; or technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer/mobile device related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with this Sweepstakes. Presenter is not responsible for malfunctions or breakdown of any network systems; unavailable service connections; lost, incomplete or faulty network connectivity of any kind; failures of any service providers; or any combination thereof that may limit a person’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Presenter. Presenter assumes no responsibility for undeliverable email messages resulting from filtration of a user’s Internet service or wireless phone carrier network. Presenter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason including, but not limited to, if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes; or if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes as determined by Presenter and/or the independent judging organization, in their sole discretion. If the Sweepstakes is so cancelled or modified, Presenter reserves the right to award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to such action (assuming a sufficient number of entries are received) in a random drawing, and Presenter shall have no further obligation to any participant in connection with this Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all such entries. Presenter and/or independent judging organization reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the participant fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
8. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Presenter in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Venue for all suits will be in federal or state courts located in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
9. WINNERS LIST: For the names of winners, visit http://www.dlblairswee
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.