Deal DetailsLast Edited by coreynyc February 26, 2014 at 11:55 AM
At 4% off, you can probably do better elsewhere.
Rare deal on Disney World & Disneyland tickets & Annual Passes--20% Rebate
(MUST use a popular rebates site to click through to Orbitz.
Separate Disney Resort room deal info added, see 2/24 morning update & bottom of this post.
Orbitz is also offering 2 extra free days on a 3 Day WDW Magic Your Way ticket (with or without Park Hopper and/or Water Park options) and 1 extra free day on 3-4 day DL Park Hoppers.
Disney per day prices drop significantly after the 3rd day. So, the free days are nice but aren't a huge extra deal. For example, it represents approximately an extra $30 savings per ticket on a full price WDW 5 day ticket.
For lots more info, check this thread on DIS Boards:
There's a lot there but, keep in mind that in general, DIS boards gets a lot of people who don't read threads before asking questions, dumb/repeat questions & people who generally need a lot of hand holding.
Some of the more pertinent details I came across during a quick scan:
- You will get a voucher that you exchange at the parks for your actual tickets.
- As always with Disney tickets, the FULL REGULAR/RETAIL PRICE of the tickets (not what you are actually paying/net after the rebate) can be applied to a longer length ticket or Annual Pass at the park ticket windows. So, this is an opportunity to get a deal on an AP or a deal on a longer length ticket. But, YOU MUST use at least one day of that ticket for park admission. You CANNOT buy one of these discounted tickets & then apply it to an AP without visiting the parks for at least 1 day.
- Orbitz asks the dates when you are traveling when making the purchase, not sure how that impacts you. Read that DIS thread.
- The rebate site may pay you on the next quarterly pay cycle or they may wait until the end of the quarter when you actually pick up the tickets at the park, which could be months from now. People have had both experiences when this deal was offered in the past.
UPDATE (2/23) ON HOW TO LINK ORBITZ TICKETS TO WDW RESERVATION:
Tickets CAN be added to your Disney Hotel reservation so you can utilize the new FastPass+ ride reservation system via the My Disney Experience site/app in advance of your trip.
Quote :Woohoooooo....my tickets linked!!!! I am so excited!!!!!
1. So I called Orbitz at this number 1-888-656-4546.
2. Got through and they asked for my Orbitz Record Locator #. That number is at the top of the email confirmation you got from Orbitz.
3. I gave it to the guy, he confirmed my zip and then asked what he could do.
4. I asked for my Disney Magic Code. He gave me the Disney Magic Code. It was letters followed by numbers.
5. I went onto www.disneyworld
6. A screen popped up asking me to assign a ticket to each user. I assigned a ticket to each user.
7. Received a confirmation email that my tickets are linked. I am beyond, beyond excited that this worked.
Thanks everyone for the help. Hopefully this helps someone else out too!!.
Quote :I ordered my tickets Thursday night. I e-mailed Orbitz for the My Magic code, and they gave me the will call confirmation number from my purchase confirmation e-mail, which didn't work to link the tickets. I called them, and asked again, and they gave me a code that was 4 letters followed by 8 numbers. That worked to link all of the tickets to my Disney account, and then I was able to assign them to people.
FWIW, I put June 2014 dates on my purchase with Orbitz, but that didn't make any difference. The tickets linked up just fine.
Also, Disney snuck in a price increase that took place effective 2/23
Orbitz has not (or at least not yet) matched the increases so, the deals have gotten even better.
An adult 3 day+2 free day ticket is $280.09 (incl tax) at Orbitz (before your 20% rebate)
A 5 day ticket is $323.76 (incl tax) on the WDW website or at the parks ticket windows.
Since there are so many combinations & options on WDW tickets, I suggest you look up WDW ticket prices on their website:
Keep in mind that WDW doesn't include tax in the price when selecting the ticket but it does show up in the top right corner in the "Current Selection"/shopping cart .
The mods have been gracious enough to let this thread go despite it being in violation of SD rules. Can we please stop mentioning the rebate website through creative means of posting their URL?
Also, there is a bunch of info in this thread & especially in the DIS thread. Your question likely has already been answered. PLEASE SPEND A FEW MINUTES & READ.
Update #2 (Sunday Night 2/23), From "Red Ginger":
I wanted to update everyone, that I e-mailed Orbitz yesterday for the "MyMagic+ Code", since the will call code included in the confirmation e-mail did not work on MyDisneyExperience. The MyMagic+ code they sent worked perfectly. All 3 of my tickets showed up and I was able to link each ticket to each member of my family. Also after you link them, it says the tickets do not expire until 2030, so go ahead and stock up! You can also re-assign them.
"05-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper Option
Expires: December 31, 2030Admission: 5 days left "
Update #3 (Monday 2/24 8am Eastern)
As of now, deal is still on.
Need a deal on a Disney World Resort room?
Expedia's UK website has all sorts of huge discounts on Disney's hotels
See this DIS Thread http://www.disboards.c
Your credit card may charge an international transaction fee so consult the thread for a list of cards that don't have a fee & tons of other info regarding all the in's & out's of this offer.
I checked dates I was thinking of traveling & saw Moderate Level Disney Resorts about $50/night cheaper than booking direct w Disney.
If you are going to WDW Orlando, Orbitz is still the best option.
For example for 5 days of Park Base and Water Park (6 adults + 1 kid) these are the compared prices:
Orbitz: $2,373.92Also...if the rebate really works 4% for this example is about $100..worth the try if you need the tickets.
Undercover Tourist: $ 2541.65
Disney website: $2,692.32
Thanks to Compras for info: