PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS) lets you print directly from Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, Flickr, Dropbox
3.5" Touchscreen LCD and Intelligent Touch System - only the buttons you need illuminate
Compatible with Individual/Combo CLI-251 XL Ink Tanks (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) & PGI-250 XL Pigment Black Ink Tanks. Only Replace The Ink That Runs Out!
AirPrint: Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible iPhone?, iPad?, or iPod touch?- no drivers needed!
4800 x 1200 dpi photo resolution. Load plain and photo paper right into of the printer at the same time!
This is a good deal. I have the MG5420, the "previous" version of this printer. It's been really great to me and Canon's warranty is top-notch. Any problems are met with an immediate replacement, including return shipping.
Canon has the wireless system down well, and it works so much smoother than any other system I've used.
Ink compatibility is the same, and I recommend, from experience, to go with these cartridges: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...UTF8&psc=1 . $27 for a double-pack and they work perfectly, making the ink on this system quite affordable.
An Amazon reviewer noted some of the differences for those who care:
Here are some of the notable differences in MG5420's favor:
- Print Color Resolution: 9600 horizontal x 2400 vertical dpi
- Print Most Granular Dot: 1 picoliter
- Scanner Resolution: 2400 horizontal x 4800 vertical dpi (optical)
- Print 4"x6" Photo speed: 21 seconds
- Copy speed (FCOT): 14 seconds
- Printing on DVD/CD's
- Print Color Resolution: 4800 horizontal x 1200 vertical dpi*
- Print Most Granular Dot: 2 picoliter
- Scanner Resolution: 1200 horizontal x 2400 vertical dpi (optical)**
- Print 4"x6" Photo speed: 44 seconds (110% slower)
- Copy speed (FCOT): 20 seconds (40% slower)
- No printing on DVD/CD's
*The MG5520's 4800 horizontal x 1200 vertical max dpi COLOR PRINTING will meet MOST NEEDS. The Pro photo inkjet printers (PRO-1/PRO-10/PRO-100) even max out at 4800 horizontal dpi (though have finer vertical stepping capability), for example. Be sure to use specially designed paper (for example, enter "canon paper_guide" in a search engine) to really see the difference of the higher resolution. Also, print from an application in which you can choose the profile for that paper (ex: many Adobe products) if possible, too.
**The MG5520's 1200 horizontal x 2400 vertical max dpi SCAN will meet MOST NEEDS (though it is too low for some film/slide scanning needs especially if you plan to enlarge). For example, even a 2.5"x3.5" paper photo scanned at 1200dpi may enlarge to 8x10 comfortably, though frankly you will be fortunate if that amount of info is even available from the photo. It is therefore also moot to argue enlargement benefits of over 1200dpi scanning of paper photos as the detail is likely not there for over 1200dpi.
SOME PROS OF MG5520 over MG5420:
- MG5520 will automatically turn on if it is off when a print request is sent.
- MG5520 doesn't require a wireless router to print from a mobile device, it has an Access Point Mode which allows direct printing to the printer without need for a wireless router.
- MG5520 allows you to print directly (no computer needed) from Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, DropBox, Evernote, and more, via apps downloaded to the printer.
I don't think the few ancillary pros of the MG5520 outweigh MG5420's superior features, though the info is there to make your own call.
Given this, I'd really recommend the MG5420 over this version. That being said, this is still a great printer, I'm sure.
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.