Note, final order amount needs to be $999+ in order to qualify for the $100 rebate. The estimated shipment date is 5/22/2014.
- Intel Core i7 4810MQ Mobile Processor 2.80GHz
- NVIDIA GTX 860M 2GB PCIe GDDR5
- G.SKILL 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory
- 256GB ADATA SP600 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s
- 13.3" FHD/Matte 1920x1080 Display
- 2x USB3.0 Ports + 1x USB2.0 Port
- 6-cell smart lithium-ion battery
- 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN + Bluetooth
- AZZA Alpha 1600 DPI Gaming Mouse
- AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit edition)
Editor's Notes & Price Research
Check deal thread for additional configurations. -TofuVic
- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ Mobile Processor 2.80 GHz 6M Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.80 GHz
- HDD: 1 TB 7200RPM SATA300 Hard Drive
- MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-1600 SODIMM Memory (G.SKILL)
- MOTHERBOARD: Mobile Intel HM87 Express Chipset Mainboard
- SOUND: HD Audio w/ Sound Blaster Cinema Technology
- VIDEO: NVIDIA GTX 860M 2GB PCIe GDDR5 Video (NB-395-101)
- GG Cruiser PC200-I Gaming Headset w/Large 57mm drivers
- NVIDIA FREE TO PLAY - Warface, Path of Exile, and Heroes of Newerth
- McAfee Anti Virus Plus 2014
Subtotal = $1054.00
Enter Code: SPRING0410 = $-52.70
Order Total = $1001.30
Win 8.1 MIR = $-100Rebate Link
GG Cruiser Headset MIR = $0-29 [Note: 2 MIRs of $15 + $14] Cyberpower Rebate Link + Manufacturer's Rebate
Final Price = $872.30
Deal Ends 4/20
NOTE:You don't have to get this configuration, but the Final Order Total needs to be more than $999 in order to get the $100 MIR for Win 8.1.
Feel free to discuss, give any feedback, point out anything I may have missed. I will update later if people want info about the CPU, GPU, et
i7-4810, GTX 770M, 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 8GBx1 DDR3-1866 RAM, and Killer wired/wireless.
For about the same price as the Xplorer X7-7600, it has a better case, 9-cell battery, 180W power adapter, 1866 RAM, and Killer Wireless included.
The 770M is about the same as the 860M, with slightly better performance, but a little less power efficiency. The 860M has higher clock speeds, but the 770M has 3gb (192 bit) instead of only 2gb (128 bit).
Also, it does have an extra HDD slot by default, so you can go with the 1TB drive and then put an SSD in the free slot.
If You Are Concerned About Overheating
HTWingnut has a video tutorial on how to undervolt this system to keep it cool
This is for the clevo w230st but will work for this model, clevo w230ss
REVIEWS AND OTHER INFO
A Review of the Clevo w230ss Here
Review and comparisons of Intel i7 4810MQ CPU
Review and comparisons of nVidia GeFroce GTX 860M
This a is Class 1 GPU that can compete and sometimes beat the nVidia GTX 770M while drawing less power.
I have a laptop built on the Clevo W230ST chassis, the GTX765M laptop version.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. AMA. The internal structure is basically the same, I have upgraded mine as well, so I can crack mine open to answer your questions, as documentation is pretty meh.