Deal DetailsPromoted 05-13-2014 at 10:50 AM View Original Post
I didn't see this posted, so I thought I'd share. This bundle deal is $34 cheaper than any previous deal ever posted for this Netgear Router!
Warning: On or before 5/18, the expiration date on the $60 Total Defense rebate (TD9-10176) was changed from 5/31 to 5/18. A new $50 rebate appeared in the registration system on the morning of 5/19 (TD9-10180 ; valid 5/19-6/30), however this is not advertised and no instruction sheet is available. All combos were removed from Newegg later in the day. See the master thread for any developments.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Router (R7000)
Netgear Rebate Details:
Limit 1 Per Household for Netgear Rebate (Offer #56230)
Rebate is valid 05/13/14 to 05/19/14
Requires Original UPC from Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Router (R7000).
Total Defense Rebate Details:
Limit 1 Per Household for Total Defense Rebate (Offer #TD9-10176)
Rebate is valid from 05/01/14 to 05/31/14
Requires Original UPC from Total Defense Premium Internet Security (5 User)
NOTE #1: The Total Defense rebate requires that the software must be activated prior to rebate redemption. Activation will require a valid credit card however your subscription may be cancelled at anytime. Total Defense will verify that the product has been activated. (See Wiki for Additional Details)
NOTE #2: Please see the May 2014 Newegg Total Defense Master Thread for additional bundle options.
Editor's Notes & Price Research
The router is currently ranked #1 at SmallNetBuilder. For an in-depth review, head over to CNET and PCWorld. Additionally, this router currently has nearly 900 reviews.
Price Comparison: Our research indicates that this Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit Router is $72 lower (37% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices ranging from $192. - Discombobulated
Total Defense FAQ:
- Q: I've submitted a Total Defense rebate before. Am I eligible for this deal?
A: Yes, as long as you have not submitted offer TD9-10176 before. This is offer is new for May 2014, so you are safe if you haven't purchased Total Defense at Newegg during May 2014.
- Q: I have purchased Total Defense in the past. Do I need to create a new Total Defense account?
A: In most cases you can add a new subscription to your existing account. Simply use the same email address and password when activating online. If you prefer you can create a new account each time.
- Q: Do I need to install the software?
A: No, online activation as described below is sufficient.
Instructions to Avoid Common Mistakes for the $60 Rebate:
Activation is required prior to rebate redemption. This will require a valid credit card. A one-year subscription is included so this will not cost extra if you cancel the automatic renewal service.
- After receiving the software, activate online or by installing. You card will not be charged but there will be a 30-day, $1 authorization. During this process you will sign up for their automatic renewal service.
- Submit rebate
- As requested, submit your Newegg invoice or the packing List (not the order confirmation).
- The only UPC required for the Total Defense bundle rebate is the Total Defense UPC.
- Avoid taping over the print on the Total Defense UPC. Acrylic tape can cause thermal labels like the Total Defense UPC to fade. Hot melt tapes such as Scotch brand packing tapes (except "moving & storage") do not cause this problem.
- As always, scan/copy everything that you submit.
- Note that the rebate address must match your billing address.
- Use the link on your Total Defense account page to "Cancel Automatic Renewal Service" . Doing this will not impact your rebate. You may receive an error message if you try to cancel too soon after activation; try again later. It can take anywhere from a couple seconds to a couple days for the error to clear up. Sometimes ARS takes a while to activate and you will see an expiration date even though you did not successfully cancel yet; try again later. A successful cancellation will change "Never" on the account page to a date.
- Track your rebate:
- You can use the "Check Rebate Status" link in the email titled "Rebate Registration Confirmation".
- You can also enter your information for the $60 rebate at totaldefense.4myrebate.com (not at www.4myrebate.com).
- Your documentation should be received within a few weeks. If not you need to follow up ASAP.
- Receive rebate
- Cancel Automatic Renewal Service if not already done.
- One year from activation: subscription automatically expires without additional charges.