Best Buy has MetroPCS LG Optimus F6 4G LTE No-Contract Smartphone on sale for $79.99. Shipping is free. Thanks wacou
- 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus Dual Core CPU
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB Internal Memory
- 4.5" 960x540 Display w/ 5MP Rear and 1.3MP Front Cameras
- 2040mAh Battery
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
I did a quick comparison of LG F6 vs L70, hope attached photo might help.
Is it worth extra $30, I don't know...... I love both, but its your choice...
Following features are MISSING in L70 in comparison to F6
1. Faster Qualcomm CPU ( MSM8930 vs MSM8610 - both on dual core )
2. 960x540 ( actually, L70's 800x480 is NOT all that bad. Bigger text for me )
3. 1.3mp front camera ( skype video.. but again, not that important to me)
4. NFC ( faster file exchange between phone and tablet. ISIS payment )
5. IR control ( I use this for quick TV volume, not all that useful )
6. message/ Charging LED ( * this is EXTREMELY important for those who need to sit through meeting all the times. Blinking LED-Ring on Home button does helps )
7. LED menu key ( nope, no led/light on L70. Its is "printed on". )
8. 4G LTE ( I am on MVNO, so this is not an issue for me as long as I don't travel oversea. See below )
9. Larger Battery Size ( no clue, just yet. L70 got 15% less juice )
10. OSP ( I volunteer at a senior charity group, teaching the elderly how to use android phone and tablet. Enable to mirror image of my phone on the projector is useful )
11. Video recording ( HD vs 800x480 ONLY on L70 ) - also does NOT play HD movie!
12. LG F6 MS500 and D500 on 4.1.2 / LG L70-MS323 on 4.4.2
Frequency test via Engineer Menu:
1. at dial pad key in 3845 # * 323 # ( for LG L70 MS323 )
3845 # * 500 # ( for LG F6 D500 / MS 500 )
2. Select WCDMA-Only
3. Select Modem Settings
4. Network Mode
5. Press all listed frequency, if the hardware does NOT support that pariticular frequency, it will display "FAIL".
Thus, following information has been confirmed
PLEASE DO REMEMBER to select "AUTOMATIC" after you done with the test!!! ( tks the reminder from GaiaGeek ).
3G WCDMA 850,1900, AWS ( NO 2100, might be an issue for oversea travel who might need at least 3G connection )
3G WCDMA 850, 1900, 2100 + AWS
4G 700, 1900, AWS
Without root, both can install app on external SD card if you able to use ADB Fastboot and set [adb shell pm set-Install-Location 2]
1 Custom ROM Available :
Available in MetroPCS coverage areas only
Stores not in MetroPCS area do not carry this phone. Even if you order online, if you are not in a MetroPCS area then your order will most likely be cancelled.
$1.40 unlock. Many including myself have used it. Have unlocked a few L70's and F6's.
Confirmed that my unlock code from the above worked ( Kevingattaca ) took less than 10 mins to get code
Confirmed 7-1-14- Had to turn off Norton Internet Security to get pay page to load.
No sim in phone.
Dial 2945#*500# PRESS SEND
Go to Service Provider Unlock
Enter the SP_Lock code.
For everyone here that's a new owner of this phone with questions on root, de-bloating, custom ROMs, etc., this should be your new home for all such questions, answers and guides:
Please look there as most questions you have are probably already answered.
ADD TO THIS THREAD IF BUYING THE PHONE:
A quick post is enough, this phone has been on sale frequently and is better than the L9, so show you want CyanogenMod support for it!
$99 at Amazon - LG Optimus F6 (MetroPCS) @ Amazon
Report BestBuy's lower price to Amazon using the "tell us about a lower price" link on the product page, if enough of us report then Amazon will PM to BB.