Deal DetailsLast Edited by BostonGirl July 3, 2014 at 02:46 AM
Get a 1x $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $25+ on a qualifying purchase in-store at Costco by 8/15/2014. Get a Costco membership today!
Blue Cash Everyday
Blue Cash Preferred
Blue for Students(See Post# 57, 85, 229)
Blue Sky(See Post# 179, 248)
Business Gold Rewards
Delta Skymiles Gold
Delta Skymiles Platinum
Has NOT Been Seen Offered on the Following Cards:
Q - Do I need to spend more than $25?
A - I confirmed that spending exactly $25 works, I got the credit today in one of my card - archdevilz
Q - Has anyone received a "Thanks for using your enrolled Card!" email?
A - No, most people do not seem to be receiving the confirmation email, but do get the credit within a few days.
Q - The term says not good for gas, are people getting the credit or buying gas?
A - No. I did not get.
Q - Is there a list of amex cards that are eligible for this offer?
A - No, because having a certain amex card will not guarantee that you get the offer even if others with the same card get the offer on theirs (there are many variables).
- only certain geographies (why make the offer to people who don't live near your stores)
- only to cardholders who have (or more likely have not) used their Amex card at your store in the last X months (think about it, if you are a regular shopper of my business - I don't need to give you a coupon - you shop regularly already) Or if you are a regular shopper 2x a year, can I make it 3x; or if you normally spend $35 - can I get you to spent $75?
- only to cardholders who have made a purchase in your category using their Amex card in the last X months - but not purchased at your store
- only certain types of Amex cards (if you read these forums you would think this is the biggest differentiator, but in fact it is one of the least used)
- And there are many other permutations
Some companies may decide to partner with Amex and blast the coupon out to the masses of Amex cardholders - others (like what I am working on) can literally get down to personalized marketing.
When Amex has the twitter offers - anybody can sign up. But for the coupons placed in accounts the level of personalization is growing each day.
- Please simply check under the "Amex Offers For You" tab in your Amex account.
- Some Amex cards have the offer, some don't.
- NOT available through Twitter or Facebook.
- Shop with a friend who is a member?
69002464&postco unt=225 <-- Be careful about doing this:
- Member Privileges & Conditions
- "You may bring up to two guests in the warehouse each time you shop, though only Costco members may purchase items." (So it seems officially you cannot pay if you go with your friend who is a member.)
- "On Membership: We will refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied."
- Maybe pay for membership with another form of payment if you may cancel, so Amex cannot invoke the "may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled" clause?
If you redeem this offer, your American Express Card Member status may be shared with Costco. Offer valid in store only at all US Costco Warehouse locations including Puerto Rico. Offer excludes gas, travel and online purchases. Costco membership required for purchases in-store at Costco, except for pharmacy transactions. $25 can include Costco membership purchase. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Enrollment is limited. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 8/15/14, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/15/14, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. POID: BE72:0001
I'm poking my nose here folks but I can vouch that I preferred amazon SS vs costco earlier but COSTCO membership pays -saggii
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.