HOW IT WORKS IN A NUTSHELL:
Nothing changes other than the "basic data package" that has been 1GB for a long time is now 2.5GB as a part of this promotion until January 2016. NOTHING ELSE CHANGES!
1. If you usually use the "basic data package" then you can get a free upgrade to 2.5GB/line for a year and a half.
2. If you usually pay an extra $10/line to get 2.5GB then you can save that $10/line for a year and a half.
That's it. Just sign up for it ASAP on/after July 30 if you want to take advantage of it!
HOW IT WORKS IN DETAIL:
Pricing for the new promo follows the same lines as pricing for the regular family plans:
First Line: $50
Second Line: $30
each add'l line (up to 5 total): $10
1. With the old family package, you get a small base amount of data (1GB/line) "for free".
2. With the new family package, that "for free" data package is 2.5GB instead of 1GB. Nothing else changes!
3. In 2016 when the free upgrade is over with, you'll be bumped down to 1GB/line/month.
4. After you drop down to 1GB/line in 2016, you'll be able to upgrade back up to 2.5GB or more just like you can today.
5. Current accounts can "downgrade" to the promo's basic data plan to take advantage of this.
**Note** Please do not forget that all the Data usage is still unlimited.....2.5GB of 4G LTE and then throttled down to 2G(Edge) for the remainder of the billing cycle. **Note**
T-mobile employee here... From what I've been told, this promo is only for people with 4 or 5 lines with us. So if you have 3, 2, or 1, you will not be able to get the promo data.
(I called to see if it will work on 2 lines and the answer is not yet - but keeping looking for future opportunities...Can someone else call to double check, maybe I just didn't get SD exploitative creative enough or got a bad CSR?)
Not automatic for existing customers. Have to call in to get the promotion.
I've added a screenshot of what your plan will look like in T-Mobile after they complete the change. Note that it has a new name now "SC Fam Unl TT 4 to 5 lines." So clearly only 4-5 lines will work. So the breakdown is $100 for 4 lines and $10 for the 5th line which has grandfathered unlimited data ($20).
Last edited by wind&salsa; 10-12-2014 at 10:07 PM..
Reason: Somebody blew away all of the info here. Reverting...
Note that the T-Mobile offering has a big catch: starting on 1/2/16, , they automatically drop you too 1GB pet line. Not saying it's a horrible deal, and there's obviously no contest, but just be aware you won't be able to keep the same deal after 18 months. There may be better plan then, there may be worse plans then but either way, every line on this plan will lose more than half of its data (60%) automatically come Jan. 16
Slickdeals is able to share the best deals because of the contributions of users like you! If you found a great deal,
please share it with others by posting in our forums.
Welcome to Slickdeals!
Save money here by finding the lowest and cheapest price, best deals and bargains, and hot coupons. We're all about
community driven bargain hunting with thousands of free discounts, promo codes, reviews and price comparisons.
Don't worry, we'll help you find your way. If you haven't already, check out this
that explains the features of our site.