Please refer to forum thread for additional information
- Signup with your Citi MasterCard or sign in with Citibank Online
- When you're ready, simply click the "Buy with MasterPass" icon on the checkout page at Newegg, TigerDirect, Rakuten & more
- Select the "Citi Wallet" icon from the carousel (you'll only have to do this once).
- Enter your Citi.com username and password on the Citi Wallet login page.
- Finally, confirm your card and shipping info and click "Checkout" to return to your shopping cart. From there, all you have to do is place your order.
- Make a single purchase of $25 or more one time with your Citi MasterCard at Newegg, Tigerdirect, Rakuten & more by September 14, 2014 and receive a $25 Statement Credit.
- A statement credit will be applied within 2 billing cycles after your qualifying purchase
CALL CITI AND COMPLAIN - IF YOU REGISTERED BEFORE 8/2, YOU SHOULD BE OWED COMPENSATION
Offer is available to first 4,000 qualifying transactions. This is a true bait and switch scam.
REPORT AS EXPIRED. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE FREE BUSINESS FOR NOTHING.
You MUST use a Citi-issued MasterCard to get the $25 credit.
Also, from the terms and conditions it appears that the promo COULD apply to every Citi-issued MasterCard in your Citi Wallet ---> Could someone verify this???.
Taken from the T&C: "You will receive a one time statement credit after you make your first purchase of $25 or more and checkout using Citi Wallet with a Citi branded consumer MasterCard by 09/14/14." <--- No where does the T&C limit the credit to a single credit card account. It simply says a $25 credit will apply to the statement when the purchase is made using Citi Wallet. Thus, each Mastercard COULD arguably be eligible for the credit. No way to confirm unless we wait for the statements to close. - romeoguy
I don't think we will receive the $25 credit on each card we have because the terms state that it's for your first purchase with Citi Wallet and since all your cards are linked with your log in with Citi Wallet it would only give you one credit. Of course I'm just speculating but I also spoke to an agent and she seemed to think this was the case as well. - acemason
You will receive a one time statement credit after you make your first purchase of $25 or more and checkout using Citi Wallet with a Citi branded consumer MasterCard by 09/14/14. In order to qualify for this offer, the account must be open and current at the time the statement credit is applied. If your account is closed for any reason, including if you convert to another Citi product, you may no longer be eligible for this offer. Statement credit will be applied within 2 billing cycles.
If using Newegg.com and buying third party gift cards, *DO NOT* place two separate orders for the same e-gift card - they will immediately cancel your second order citing "quantity limits".
Promo page stitched together. http://scifi-review.net/citi/citiwallet25off
Contact phone number incorrectly listed in the FAQ section
If you visit the Citi Wallet website, log in and click on FAQ the 1-800 number listed is incorrect. Just spoke to citi bank the correct phone number should be 1-888. The number as listed now is an unknown answering service prompting you to leave a message.