LivingSocial.com is offering their 1-Year Costco Wholesale Gold Star Membership + $20 Costco Cash Card + $30.97 Value Coupons on sale for $55.00 valid for New Customers Only (up to 3 additional as gifts). Thanks squiggles
Note, please refer to the forum thread for additional details. To activate your Costco membership you must bring the printed Costco Membership Activation Certificate email or your printed confirmation page to your local Costco location. Purchaser must redeem voucher by December 15, 2014. Offer good through 9/15/14
Costco Wholesale Membership Includes
- 1-Year Costco Wholesale Gold Star Membership
- $20 Costco Cash Card
- $30.97 Value Bonus Coupons Includes:
- 1x Rotisserie Chicken
- 1x Apple Pie
- 1x 30-Pack Kirkland Signature Bath Tissue (2-Ply)
- Three-Months of Identity Guard Service
Editor's Notes & Price Research
Their private brands are generally of higher quality and are well worth considering over national ones. Promotional value expires December 15, 2014 -iconian
• $55 for a Gold Star Membership
- Includes a free Household card
• Valid for new members only; not valid for renewal of an existing Costco membership
• Limited quantity available
Why You'll Love It
As part of this exclusive offer, all new members will receive:
• $20 Costco Cash Card
• Exclusive coupons good for three free Kirkland Signature™ products ($30.97 value)
- One apple pie
- One rotisserie chicken
- One 30-pack of two-ply bath tissue
• Plus, enjoy three months of free identity protection service brought to you by Identity Guard® (a $40.47 value)
• $146.44 total value
How It Works
1. Complete your purchase on LivingSocial
2. Receive your voucher from LivingSocial and redeem it online
3. You'll get an email with a Costco Membership Activation Certificate to print out
4. Bring the printed certificate to your local Costco to complete your Membership application
5. Receive your Costco Cash Card at the time of signup (new members only); coupons will be mailed within 4 weeks of voucher redemption
- You take the voucher to a Costco store membership counter and they will redeem and get you a new membership (you can request 2 cards with different membership numbers for family member)
- They will try their hardest to sell you the exec membership and Amex True earning card, you do get $55 credit after certain dollar purchase ($500), so it's not a bad deal.
- You get $20 gift card on the spot and can use right away
- You receive a postcard coupon of free stuff few weeks later (sent from Costco, not livingsocial), for March good free stuff were: Rotisserie chicken, 48 Kirkland battery, and 1 case of water, then some $ off coupon
- Coupon expired on 7/31/14, so I assume for this offer it would be 12/31/14
Difference between Exec and regular:
- Other than 2% cashback, you get bigger discount on other Costco services like credit card processing, accounting, travel, etc.
I assume if you are not considered a new member, you won't get the $20 on the spot and won't get the coupon (According to someone who worked at Costco and looked at the memo).
If you convert the voucher into membership on the 1st of the month you get 13 months of membership.
The costco where I redeemed the voucher had a small line of people redeeming 'em. The woman I spoke to said "Saturday will be insane."
Thread from previous Costco LivingSocial deal might answer some questions: Previous Costco LivingSocial Deal Thread
What counts as a new member?
Depends on the store. Call your store first before buying to see if you qualify as a new member!
Don't forget the always running LivingSocial promo:
"Want this deal for free? Buy first, then share a special link. If three friends buy, yours is free!"
(no referral links in thread allowed though)
OK folks, I called and spoke to a rep in Membership Services and was informed that as long as the person applying for a new membership was not the primary card holder and the account is no longer active (expired), then the person will be considered as a new member because you will be given a new account number. You can then add on a second member, who must reside at the same address.
If you have not been a member since March 2013 you are a new member
DealGuy ( 156 DealGuy has a spectacular aura about ) Sep. 9, 2014 at 11:52am
Per Costco, if the membership is cancelled/expired more than 18 months ago, it would qualify for the new member promotions. Per the agent I talked to, it's the same criteria nationwide, not store specific.
Enter TENSAVE to save yourself 10%. It will say having problem with promo code at first, but hit Continue again, and it will go through. $49.50 before your other cashback mode is a slick!
From Lazzlazz: This isn't working for me. I get a message saying I've redeemed it too many times, although I have never purchased anything on LS.This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.