Dead. $5 Data-only plan:
Deal DetailsLast Edited by acegolfer June 7, 2015 at 08:10 AM
1. no contract 512MB/30 days for $5.
2. T-mobile 3G/4G LTE network. no roaming, no 2G fallback after 512MB.
3. It works on any (unlocked or Tmo) phones and tablets
1. Order $1 Redpocket SIM card + free shipping (http://goredpocket.com/sim.html must be GSMT type. Tmo brand SIM won't work. Amazon may have cheaper vendors.)
2. Install SIM on your device. If you are in Tmo area, your phone should display "RED POCKET" network with 3G signal. (If it doesn't, then add a new APN with "wholesale" as apn.) Even without paying, you can visit goredpocket.com/activate to verify 3G data.
3. From PC, go to http://goredpocket.com/activate and activate the SIM (requires the 19-digit SIM # and your email). After activation, you will get a 10-digit number.
4. Go to http://goredpocket.com/gsmt-all-onetime.html and select the $5 plan. Input the 10-digit number and pay.
5. After making payments, my 3G connection changed to LTE with internet access.
1. This plan for users who only need data.
2. There are 2 types of redpocket SIM cards: GSMT (19 digit code) and GSMA (20 digit code). You need the GSMT (Tmobile) SIM card for this plan. ATT plans cost more.
3. You can activate the SIM from the smartphone with no service by visiting http://goredpocket.com/activate. This will ensure whether you can get the data before paying.
4. You will get a text to refill 7 days and 1 day prior to expiration or close to data limit.
5. After renewal, if no data, turn off the phone for 2-3 minutes and reboot.
For more discussion, check http://www.howardforum
1. Unlike PagePlus or similar, there is no PIN sent for the $5 plan; so activate SIM first and then add plan.
2. Expect long wait (e.g., 40 min) when call 1-888-993-3888 for help.
1. Get Redpocket GSMT SIM card
As of 3/19/2015, it's $1 + free shipping at goredpocket.com. (amazon often has cheaper GSMT SIMs)
2. Check network signal
After you receive SIM (about 3-4 day delivery), put the SIM into your phone/tablet. If you are in Tmobile area, your device should display "RED POCKET" network. In my case, I was asked to activate the SIM and it let me visit http://goredpocket.com/activate using their cell network. If you can visit this website using 3G data, then you can confirm the SIM is properly working.
3. Activate SIM
From PC, go to http://goredpocket.com/activate and activate the SIM (input the 19-digit SIM #). After activation, you will receive account login information such as 10-digit mobile number via email.
4. Order a plan
Go to http://goredpocket.com/gsmt-all-onetime.html and log in to your account. (Don't worry even if the website doesn't show your SIM #, it is already linked to your account.) Pick the plan (they have many different data plans) and pay. If you want 30-day auto renewing, then paypal is the only payment option.
5. You should be able to get the data connection. If not, turn off the phone for 2-3 minutes and then reboot (this sounds silly, but it did work for me.) If this doesn't work, then call 1-888-993-3888. You will have to wait 30-40 minutes to talk to a CSR. He can easily fix the data connection.
As or 6/5/2015 5$ plan is discontinued