Comcast Cable Modem: Use theirs or buy my own?
- My knowledge of Comcast's service (reliability, customer service, speed etc) is nothing compared to the 'institutional knowledge' gained with Verizon FiOS over the last, what decade?
- My bleak-at-best outlook is based solely on hearsay from former Comcast users and anecdotal evidence; so nothing I've personally experienced.
So please believe me when I say I'm not here to 'pick a fight' but I'm here with as open a mind as possible.
I need help making a decision:
- Should I pay the $8/mo. fee for some Comcast-issued cable modem? Or,
- Should I spring for a potentially better Comcast-compatible model?
- If the latter, any recommendations on which models I should seriously consider and why you're recommending it?
Spoke with the sales] representative assigned to our neighborhood who confirmed that Comcast does allow customers to bring their own Comcast-compatible cable modem.
However, because I was getting some sort 'X1' Bundle, it was a REQUIREMENT to use the Comcast modem, which if I heard him correctly is an 'XB3' (Model DPC3941T ?).
For those X1 customers: Is this true true?