- Click here
- On the right side of the page under "Add Kindle Unlimited" click on the checkbox and add to cart
- Proceed to checkout - total should be $108.94 - $29.94 discount = $79 with free shipping
- You will receive an email to redeem your Kindle Unlimited Membership
- Click on the link to redeem the membership as a gift card. Do not click on the "Redeem your 6 months gift of Kindle Unlimited" button
- You will receive $43.47 back in Amazon Credit to your account
Editor's Notes & Price Research
According to several member posts, you will need to click on the link to redeem membership as a gift card before your order is processed as "Preparing for Shipment". Refer to the forum thread for additional information/instructions.
1. Go to the Kindle page at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I15SB16/
2. Under the Add to Cart button is the option to add "Kindle Unlimited", normally $59.94, for just $30. Click this option and then add to cart. The discount won't show up right away, but as you go through checkout, you should see the following.
49.00 - Kindle
59.94 - Kindle Unlimited 6 months
108.94 - Subtotal
-29.94 - Promotion Applied
79.00 - Total
3. Complete the transaction. In a few minutes, you will get an email with the 6-month subscription attached. The subject will be "You have 6 months of Kindle Unlimited". Click the button to redeem the subscription. You must click the button to go to Amazon's site. It won't actually redeem until you make a selection on Amazon's site.
4. Final step, be careful. The redeem screen on Amazon's site will look like the attached image. You can redeem for 6-months of Kindle Unlimited. However, there is a link below it to "Click Here to redeem your membership as a gift card."
Clicking this link will add $43.47 to your Amazon account as a gift balance.
$79.00 paid - $43.47 Amazon Credit = $35.53 total cost of Kindle
Note 1: if you want to try Kindle Unlimited or are already a customer, that's a good option also. Normal price is $9.99 a month, so it's like getting the Kindle for $19
Note 2: There is no confirmation step once you get to the "redeem membership" page. If you click the big "Redeem your 6 months gift of Kindle Unlimited", it's done. Same with the "Click here to redeem your membership as a gift card.
- http://slickdeals.net/f/7448246 (this thread)
- Buy Kindle Reader + Kindle Unlimited
- Get Kindle Reader for $35.53 + tax + redeemable GC from Kindle Unlimited paid for in another order
- Buy 7" Kindle Fire 8GB + Kindle Unlimited (with Amazon.com Rewards Visa)
- Get 7" Kindle Fire 8GB for $59.69 + tax + redeemable GC from Kindle Unlimited paid for in another order
- Buy 7" Kindle Fire 8GB & Kindle Reader + Kindle Unlimited & Prime (with Amazon.com Rewards Visa)
- Get 7" Kindle Fire 8GB & Kindle Reader for $74.08 + tax + redeemable GC from Kindle Unlimited & Prime paid for in another order
- $74.08 is a little cheaper than ($35.53 + $40.23 =) $75.76
72350352&postco unt=503 and see below
- Buy 7" Kindle Fire 8GB + Kindle Unlimited & Prime (with Amazon.com Rewards Visa)
- Get 7" Kindle Fire 8GB for $40.23 + tax + redeemable GC from Kindle Unlimited & Prime paid for in another order
You can use the $43.47 GC balance to pay for the kindle you just ordered. ***YMMV: This has been confirmed to cause some (me) to be charged the full value of $43.47, versus the promo rate of $30.00. Read posts on page 3+ for more users reporting the same (but you'll have a leftover gift card for 7.94, lower OOP total of only 43.47 vs 79 not including taxes)**** After receiving $43.47 in Amazon GC, go to your order summary page for your Kindle. On the top of the page, it will say you have a gift account balance of $43.47 and just click the "Apply balance to this order" button. This will only be available before the order gets to the "preparing for shipment" step so make sure to do it before then.
You can use this deal on a Kindle Fire as well. Add the Kindle Touch to your cart along with the 6 month membership, then add a Kindle Fire to your account and remove the Kindle Touch from your cart. The promo still shows up after removing the Touch.
IF you dont see the offer from the OP, LOG OUT or Open it in a Private/Incognito Window.....
edit: You are supposed to get charged for the gift card. You get the unlimited email in plenty of time to apply the gift card to the kindle purchase before it ships.
Once you redeem the Subscription for a gift card, you can go to this link to get a confirmation of your giftcard balance: Link
$70 OFF Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7's! ($40 each compared to $109)
Requires: 1. Amazon Prime membership, 2. Amazon Visa cards holder for $40 price, else $70 for Amazon Prime member alone.
0. SIGN OUT of Amazon
1. Go to the Kindle Fire HD 7 ($109) page and check the box under the Add To Cart button to also add a discounted Prime membership ($59 - save $40). Add both to cart. In the options make sure to check *This is a gift* (For "Is this a gift?", check box "Yes. Deliver unregistered")
2. Go to the Kindle ($49) page and check the box under the Add To Cart button to also ADD a discounted Kindle Unlimited subscription ($30). Add both to cart.
3. Go to your cart and REMOVE the Kindle ($49).
At this point, your pre-tax total should be $267.94.
4. Go to checkout and add the Visa promo code "KDL30ARC" for Amazon Visa holders (and chose it as payment.)
5. At the final checkout screen, your total will be either $198 (without Visa code) or $168 + Tax
6. Check No-Rush shipping so that this doesn't get processed before you can apply your gift card to the order, you can switch this to 2-day later
7. Checkout and make sure you send your gift Kindle Unlimited subscription and Amazon Prime subscription to your primary Amazon Prime account email
8. You'll receive an email for Kindle Unlimited. Click to redeem. On the Amazon page, there will be an option to instead receive it back as Amazon credit. Choose that. (You will receive ~$52.30, so this is ~$20 above what you paid)
9. You'll receive another email for Prime. Click the email to redeem which will take you to the Amazon page for you to login to your account which ALREADY has Amazon Prime. On that page, click to activate. At this point, you will received a message that I was unable to activate it as a current prime member and was given the option for a gift card instead. (You will received $79.96, not including taxes ~$20 above what you paid)
10. Now, you can go to your orders, click the Order Details link for your Fire order and chose the option at the top to apply gift card balance. (Balance due for the Fire was $40.23, not including taxes)
11. You can change your shipping to 2-day delivery and make it arrive faster now
12. You can repeat this 3 times per account with Amazon Visa for a total of 3 x $30 on KDL30ARC (you don't need to type it as long as the subtotal is ~$170).
Enjoy 3 HD7 Fire's for ~$40 a piece with a $70 savings on each!