Cricket Wireless Basic now has 2.5 GB data for 40 bucks (as low as 20 with group save)
Deal DetailsLast Edited by ILoveGoooold January 30, 2015 at 09:05 AM
Basic: $35 with autopay discount for 1 line OR $20 per line with 5 lines -> First 2.5GB at 4G LTE speed, after which download throttled to 128kbps (upload still 8mbps)
Smart: $45 per line with autopay discount OR $25 per line with 5 lines-> First 5GB at 4G LTE speed, after which download throttled to 128kbps (upload still 8mbps)
Pro: $55 per line with autopay discount OR $35 per line with 5 lines-> First 10GB at 4G LTE speed, after which download throttled to 128kbps (upload still 8mbps)
$25 Referral Bonus links can be obtained for FREE on eBay
- Advanced Plan: Limited time offer; subject to change. LTE-capable device and an activation of the Advanced plan is required to get 20 GB of data. Not eligible for Group Save discount. Customers may remain on the Advanced Plan after offer ends. Changes: After offer ends, if you change your Advanced Plan to a different plan or your Cricket account is cancelled, you will lose the promo 20 GB Advanced plan & then existing plans with data allotments & pricing will apply.
- Services and features of all plans are available for 30 days upon payment of rate plan charge. Unlimited plans include 2.5 GB, 5 GB, 10 GB, or 20 GB high-speed data access allowance, respectively, as set forth in the rate plan grid. When your data use exceeds the respective high-speed access allowance, your data download speeds will be reduced to a maximum 128Kbps for the remainder of your monthly billing cycle.
- High-speed data access allows download speeds of a maximum of 8 Mbps for compatible LTE devices and 4 Mbps for compatible HSPA+ devices.
- Terms and Conditions of Service, Acceptable Use Policy, and other restrictions apply.
- Pricing subject to change without notice.
- Monthly plan and feature payments are not refundable or transferable.
- Coverage, services and speeds are not available everywhere.
- Restocking fee of up to $25 applies for returned devices.
- No activation fee for online purchases.
- Activation fee of up to $25 may apply for in-store activations.
International Texting is not available on Basic or Talk, Text & Save rate plans. Includes unlimited international text messages (SMS only) sent from the US, Puerto Rico and the USVI to mobile phones in select countries.
Auto Pay Service Credit Program
AUTOPAY DOES NOT STACK WITH GROUP DISCOUNTS.
To participate in the Auto Pay Service Credit program ("Program") you must enroll your account in Auto Pay on any current ($60) Cricket Pro or ($60) Advanced, legacy ($70) Aio Pro rate plan, or on any new Cricket Basic ($40) or Smart ($50) rate plan. If your account was enrolled in Auto Pay on a legacy Aio Basic ($40) or Aio Smart ($55) rate plan before February 4, 2014, you may participate in the Program by changing rate plans.
Program account credits are $5.00 and are issued to your Cricket account approximately five (5) days before each billing renewal date. To receive a Program account credit you must be enrolled in Auto Pay on a qualifying Basic, Smart, Pro, or Advanced rate plan at the time account credits are issued. Once enrolled in Auto Pay you must remain enrolled in Auto Pay to participate in the Program. You will not receive a Program account credit if Auto Pay is removed from your account at any time during any billing cycle.
Your Cricket account must be in good standing to participate in the Program. This means that suspended accounts and cancelled accounts are not eligible for Program account credits or any other Program benefits.
The Program is not available on multi-line accounts and may not be combined with any other offer or rate plan discount. Talk and Text plans and Tablet plans are not eligible to participate in the Program.
Account credits are not redeemable for cash or any cash equivalent and are not transferable or refundable. Account credits are forfeited if your account is cancelled.
This Program is a limited time offer and we may modify any aspect of the Program - including the amount and frequency of Program benefits - or discontinue the Program for any reason without notice.
For additional information visit www.cricketwire
Hi! I happened to have just moved 5 lines 2 weeks ago from T-mo so I'll chime in.
The first thing you need to know is that coverage is better, but internet WILL NOT be faster. You are slowed down to 8 mbps which is pretty slow compared to the 20mbps I used to get on average with Tmo.
Additionally, you lose all the perks from T-mobile like unlimited music streaming, unlimited texting and data while abroad etc.
Also, if your Tmobile phones aren't unlocked, or they don't have the right bands to work well on At&t you might need to buy new phones.. Ask on this forum about your specific phones and people will let you know if they will work well on Cricket.
That being said, the cost for me is around $40 less per month for the 5 lines together. And I don't even notice the slower speeds. We also had fully compatible phones for Cricket. We also don't travel too much, and we are always by WIFI. For me it made sense - your case might be different.
In order to switch, I would ask someone on here for a refferal ($25). Once you get a referral, order either 5 SIM Cards online for $.99 each, or buy some SIM cards and the free after rebate phones which come with SIM cards. Once you get those SIM cards, you activate them at home SEPERATELY then chat with customer service to combine the lines.
If you go to the store, you will get hit with so many fees and costs you won't know what hit you!
My final point will be that Cricket probably has one of the dumbest group of Customer Service agents I've ever had the pleasure of speaking with. I hope I don't need their help ever again! The chat ones are a little better... If you are a low maintenance customer who doesn't call customer service a lot this might not affect you.
Hope this helps!
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.
For those new to Cricket Wireless, here are it's limitations
Important Data Speed, Usage and Pricing Information and Terms
The Group Plan discount isn't expiring - it's changing. There's a difference.
You also wouldn't be paying $40x5 lines. That's been explained before and is pretty clear on Cricket's site.
Today, the Group Plan discount works like this:
1st line = $40
2nd line = $30 ($10 discount)
3rd line = $20 ($20 discount)
4th line = $10 ($30 discount)
5th line = $0 ($40 discount)
TOTAL FOR 5 LINES = $100/month
5 for $100 link: https://www.cricketwire