2015 Cricket World Cup on ESPN for $99.99
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.
Update as of 7:20pm EST on 02/13/2015:
Apart from ESPN, DISH, below options seem to work equally well in HD:
Channellive - No issues, available in HD - Working well through Android app + Chromecast airplay as well as on PC.
Startsports.com package +FrootVPN - No issues, consistent 2mpbs quality too.
Starsports.com package + PIA Germany - No issues too.[/B]
[B]WillowTV is not going to carry worldcup matches
ONLY and ONLY way to watch cricket worldcup 2015 legally and best quality is by
- paying $99 to ESPN and watch it on Roku via brand new cricket App, web browser or sideload the app on fire TV. Chromecast is still in question, can someone verify.
- paying $99 to Dish/Timewarner and watch it on one the reserved channels
You cannot share login, if you are hardcore fan of the sport, $99 is no brainer. People pay $50 to watch just 3 minutes boxing match.
Match Schedule & Times in USA (EST): http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachment.php?
You may also consider UK based streaming service
http://crickethd.net/ which charges 20 UK pounds (can use 10% coupon code CRICKET10%). Total may come to 29 USD. Picture screenshots of warmup match comparing crickethd.net against telugulive.com are posted in the post#382 .
Or consider http://cricketonlinehd
For those who know about cricket already and are interested to watch live:
Called 1-888-549-ESPN (3776) and got clarified below questions
1) Can affiliated internet subscribers (like At&t) watch free?
No, this is separate from affiliated internet subscribers program. Where anyone in USA could watch irrespective of their cable providers by subscribing the package for $99
2) Can I buy individual matches instead of whole package?
No option on group matches. Once knock out stage kicks in you can buy a package for $49 to watch all knock out games (I guess it will be through finals)
3) Can I watch only finals?
Yes, you can watch final match by paying $19.99
4)Can I watch the game in the existing watchESPN android or iOS app?
No, there will be a new app which will be released on Feb 11, 2015 specifically for WorldCup cricket 2015. The new ROKU app will also be available on Feb 11, 2015.
(Version 1.0.1 of the app seems to have fixed the crash issue)
5)Does the new app support Chromecast?
Yes, the new app supports Roku and Chromecast
6)How can I watch it on fire tv/stick?
You can sideload android app onto fire device using this app
7) Can I watch it on DishWorld?
No, you can not - as per the DishWorld customer care specialist.
8) Since the iOS, Android and Roku apps will be available one Feb 11th 2015, how can I watch the warm up matches that will be starting on Feb 7th?
You will be able to watch it on the computer live and replays via the app from Feb 11th.
If anyone calls for any other question please update this thread
------- Thanks to the member who spent time to get the above Q&A
>>>> Called just now and they said it is not going to be supported on Chromecast. Can more people call 1-888-549-ESPN (3776) and get confirmation.
For those who don't know about cricket:
Thanks to Wikipedia....
Cricket is a bat-and-ball game played between two teams of 11 players each on a field at the centre of which is a rectangular 22-yard long pitch. Each team takes its turn to bat, attempting to score runs, while the other team fields. Each turn is known as an innings.
The bowler delivers the ball to the batsman who attempts to hit the ball with his bat away from the fielders so he can run to the other end of the pitch and score a run. Each batsman continues batting until he is out. The batting team continues batting until ten batsmen are out, or a specified number of overs of six balls have been bowled, at which point the teams switch roles and the fielding team comes in to bat.
In professional cricket the length of a game ranges from 20 overs per side to Test cricket played over five days. The Laws of Cricket are maintained by the International Cricket Council (ICC) and the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) with additional Standard Playing Conditions for Test matches and One Day Internationals.
Cricket was first played in southern England in the 16th century. By the end of the 18th century, it had developed to be the national sport of England. The expansion of the British Empire led to cricket being played overseas and by the mid-19th century the first international match was held. ICC, the game's governing body, has 10 full members. The game is most popular in Australia, India, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, England, West Indies and South Africa etc.
For more details:
Cricket World Cup History:
ICC Cricket World Cup 2015
Begins February 13th
HD Channels 455 and 469
SD Channels 456, 457 and 458
Watch the world's best cricketers compete in ESPN's Production of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015. 44 days. 49 matches. 14 cities throughout Australia and New Zealand. Order the entire tournament now on PPV!
If any one is interested to watch it for free try this site
livetv.sx/en - registration is free..
No need to pay money.
Another awesome free streaming site with several links
Demo link - mms://wc1.redirectme.net/t1d5azizd
try in media player to check quality. This is someone I've been buying from - hamkan
Please update any XBMC repo or channel suggestions here.
I loaded aaastream repo and it has sky sports 1-5
Sportsdevil channel was working for me the previous time.
I ordered at ENTEROKU for $8.99 on a month to month. Will cancel if the quality sucks.
I ordered enteroku and cricket links did not work. So I requested for refund within 5hrs (as per their refund policy we can ask for return within 5hrs of order)
How to Subscribe Star Sports Package ..(it works in warm up matches so hopefully quality remains good during main event)
OP Add to main page if you want
Chrome Browser Preferred for below steps
1. Open Chrome and add the following extension to Chrome - HOLA
2. Once the extension is added close and reopen chrome. you should now see hola extension next to address bar
3. Go to https://account.starspo
4. You will now see Hola showing Indian flag and star sports page will be loaded with package information
5. Sign up at Star Sports
5A - You may get an email from Star sports to activate. Proceed with Activation
6. Select the Package and pay for the package via credit card
6A - Depend on your credit card, you may be asked for VerifiedbyVisa, Mastercard SecureCode.
6B - Your Credit Card Processing Screen may complete successfully, but when you are transferred back to StarSports screen you may get ""Sorry we are unable to process your transaction at this moment. Please try again ". if this happens, before trying again, check under My orders in the star sports page -> https://account.starspo
7. Check if you got the Package -> https://account.starspo
8. Disable HOLA extension
Now Close all the pages and star sports pages
9. Go to Adfreetime and signup. follow the guide for setup
9A Activate your IP for Adfreetime https://adfreetime.com/service/
9B Setup your DNS https://adfreetime.com/service/ . You should get "Great! Your DNS settings appear to be correct!" on this page https://adfreetime.com/service/
10. Go to Region Unlock Page https://adfreetime.com/region-unlock/
11. Under Video Sites Supported expand Sports and Click on StarSports. This will open starsports page as new tab
11A Login and click on any videos to test it out -> http://matchcentre.sta
12. Wait till next week for first live game to test it out!!!
Credit Card TIPS - Use a card which doesn't have SecureCode or VerifiedbyVisa or VerifiedbyVisa fully setup or activated. I had issues with Scotia VISA which asked many questions and rejected the transactions. My CIBC Visa finally worked. You should see "Completed" under My orders in https://account.starspo
USA Credit cards NOT working on Starsports using HOLA (or european ip):
Chase Freedom Visa
Thanks to Evanoo for the following:
Getting startsports via USA Credit card, Trick is using indian vpn, ibvpn and signup straight from starsports.com.
if still someone is looking for details
used all inputs from previous users...
1) create free ibvpn account at ibvpn.com
2) make vpn connection to ibvpn INDIAN SERVER IP found in "myservers" list under your account page.
3) login to starsports.com (create account if you dont have one. I DID NOT USE facebook account this time. just to be sure used a different address and entered all details in registration page MANUALLY)
4) now the price will show as Rs 120.
5) I entered an indian address on the first sign up process
6) on CC page used USA visa card, (no address asked here)
7) subscription went successfull.
8) showed $1.93 on account.
9) test the stream , ibvpn is slow.
10) disconnect and use frootvpn free account to make vpn connection.
11) login again to starsports.com and enjoy.