$6 Google Chromecast Google Play Credit EXPIRED
- Install your Chromecast on your TV
- From a device with WiFi capability, go to Chrome browser (or download Google Chrome) Free
- Go to Google Cast Add-on if you have it installed (next to URL bar typically)
- If you do not have Google Cast Add-on Installed:
- Go to upper right next to URL field find the Settings (usually 3 lines stacked, or "hamburger")
- Go to More Tools
- Go to Extensions
- Click "Get More Extensions"
- Search for "Google Cast"
- Select Google Cast under Extensions (Free)
- Install Google Cast
- Using Google Cast Add-on connect your device to your Chromecast
- If your device does not see your Chromecast, click here to set up; follow instructions on that page to connect devices
- Once connected, or set up and connected:
- Click here
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions and continue (and or login)
- Click "Select Your Device"
- Using the Google Cast Add-on select your Chromecast
- Note, there might be a short delay after you select your Chromecast until the page recognizes it.
- You should be redirected to an offers page; look for Valentine's Day $6 Credit (likely on far left)
- Click to select that offer
- Redeem offer
Editor's Notes & Price Research
Promotional value expires 2/4/2017. This credit seems to be valid on digital items sold through the google play store, not only movies (some exclusions may apply). I have 2 devices, and was able to redeem credit on both - daisybeetle
"Enjoy a Valentine's Day movie rental with a $6 Google Play credit"
To access offers on Android/iOS devices, follow the instructions at https://support.google.
To redeem on a second or third device log out of your google account and go to chromecast.com/offers again.
Additional: I didnt have to log out. just refresh the link. did 3 this way
In Chrome the Nexus Player, ADT-1, and Chromecast are all supported "targets" for the Cast (beta) extension
--I couldn't get the $6 credit for any device other than the Chromecast. I cast tabs to the Nexus Player without issue, but when choosing it from the chromecast offers page you end up with "Whoops something went wrong" message. If anyone knows a workaround please edit --ironbyron
This is also confirmed to work from both of my Chromecasts that received the original 3-month Netflix promo --ironbyron
Here's how you can check your Google Play balance:
- Sign in to your Google Wallet account at https://wallet.google.c
- Click Payment Methods. (Direct link: https://wallet.google.c
- If you have available credit in your Google Play balance, it will be listed with your other payment methods.
How to obtain the Google $6 code without immediately having to credit it to a google account.
If you want to gift your $6 credit to someone else, instead of redeeming it on your account, you can simply get the code from the URL after you click the Redeem button in the offers page. The URL will look something like this:
The google play $6 credit code is the last part, which in this example is ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO. You can then save this code to be redeemed like any other google play credit code.