BeachCamera via eBay has Foscam FI9821W V2 720p Wireless IP Surveillance Camera (black) on Sale for $59.99. Shipping is Free. Thanks yuugotserved
Editor's Notes & Price Research
Our research indicates that Foscam FI9821W V2 720p Wireless IP Surveillance Camera is $15 less (20% savings) than the next best price from a reputable merchant with prices starting from $75. - brisar
no rebate for those interested
Foscam FI9821W V2 720p Wireless IP Surveillance Camera
$59.99 with free shipping
a quick note, these are V2.1, with one year warranty.
There view angle is reduced, these are close to 65 to 68, the original V2 was 70
The images are slightly zoomed on these, you loose anything closer to the camera.
Installation and setup 101:
This is a WiFi camera, which can also be used as a wired camera if you wish. There are a plenty of Apps available for IPhone, Android to view and record. This camera also have a slot for SD card to record stills and videos.
Have the following ready to install on a WiFi network and be able to view from outside (your home LAN):
1. Camera with antenna attached and power supply
2. IPCamera.exe (download from Foscam site or CD)
3. Your router ip address and log in and its PW. Have your WiFi PW available for your network.
4. Patience (send your dog and kid outside to play and send your wife/gf or husband/bf to shopping or watch her/his favorite show in a different room with headphones on)
5. Paper and pen
1. Connect your camera to your router via Ethernet cable, attach antenna, plug in power supply and let the camera boot. The camera will rotate and then stabilize
2. Run the IPCamera.exe (you have downloaded from Foscam site or from CD)
3. Note and write down the IP address and the port (the 2 digit number after the ip,eg;88)
4. Double Click on the ip address on the list in IPCamera window. This will open the IE or Chrome or FF. (Chrome is preferred). You will need to allow and install the ActiveX file or the file for Chrome to run the configuration. Change PW and then login.
5. Go to the Settings tab (middle) and either use the Wizard or better set it up manually.
6. Most settings are self-explanatory. Go to Network > Wireless Settings > Scan and connect to your network. Note that Foscam does not accept complex character PWs.
7. Go to Network > Port. Write down the HTTPS port if you want to connect via HTTPS
8. Mail Settings: Enabled, SMTP Sever: smtp.gmail.com, SMTP port 587, Select STARTTLS, Need Authentication YES, User name: Your Gmail username, SMTP Password: Your gmail PW. Sender Email: Your gmail. First Receiver: your email etc. Now go to Alarm > Motion Detection: Enable and Select Send E-mail, Take Snapshot etc. You can select other items (area, schedule etc). NOTE: When you save some settings, your camera will reboot.
9. Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the camera and re-start. Re-run the IPCamera.exe and make sure you can see the camera. If the camera ip has changed, note it down. )You have an option to assign the camera a fixed IP).
10. Log in to your router (usually 192.168.x.1).
11. Go to Port Forwarding tab. Application= Any name or camera name, Protocol = TCP, Source Net = leave it blank Port From: The camera port eg. 88 IP Address: Camera IP address, Port To: Same as above eg. 88, Enabled = Yes. Save > Apply >? Reboot if required.
12. If you have a static IP pr IP via COMCAST/Charter, you will know your IP (Go to Google search > What is my IP). or you can use DDNS in the router or in the camera. Lets assume you have a static IP 253.25.142.55. To connect to your camera from outside the LAN (or via WAN) Type in you browser: http://253.25.142.55:8
Hope this helps.