Deal DetailsLast Edited by jaewang April 10, 2015 at 05:05 AM
I use this primarily for internet only. If you plan to use this as internet and TV. Read the wiki or scroll through the 2014 deal. Most likely it has answers to all common questions.
2014 Verizon FIOS Double Play $50 Deal.
If you're still under FIOS contract and want to jump on this deal, you might be in luck, click here.
Limited-time online offer for new FiOS TV and Internet res. custs. subscribing to FiOS TV Local, FiOS 50/50 Mbps Internet bundle and HBO. Promo rate via $22.99 bill credit for 12 mos. and $2.99 bill credit for mos. 13-24; beg. mo. 25 stand. monthly rates apply. HBO discount applied via bill credit for 24 mos.; beg. mo. 25 stand. programming rates apply. Up to $89.99 installation fee, $1.99/mo. Broadcast Fee, up to $9.99/mo. router fee, $11.99/mo. HD STB & other fees, taxes, equip. charges & terms may apply. Activation fee waived via bill credit. Subj. to credit approval & may require a deposit. FiOS avail. in select areas. Actual speeds may vary. Backup battery available for FiOS voice services & E911 (but not data or video).Verizon Wi-Fi available with select packages. Software limitations and other terms apply. Visit verizon.com/wifi for details and availability.
- $50/month for month 1 - 12; $70/month for month 13 - 24.
- Yes, you can use your existing router/modem.
- No, you do not need to rent the HD set top box. See post #32. You need a VZ CableCard.
- After placing your order online, call VZ with your order number, you can tell them (1) you will be using your existing router/modem, (2) you're using this primarily for internet only and don't need the set top box
- What digital programs can I watch with my CableCard?
- You can view all FiOS TV Standard Definition and High Definition digital channels to which you subscribe. You can also order certain Pay-Per-View events by calling 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966). Without a Set-Top Box, you do not have access to On Demand programming, the FiOS TV Interactive Media Guide, or other advanced features of the FiOS TV service.
- What programs can I watch with my DCR TV without a CableCard or Set-Top Box?
- You can watch FiOS TV Local Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) local digital channels without a Set-Top Box or CableCard plugged into the Digital Cable Ready (DCR) slot.
- What should I do if I want to receive interactive services, such as the FiOS TV Interactive Media Guide or On Demand programming?
- You must request a Set-Top Box from Verizon. Call 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966) to request a Set-Top Box.
- Can I use the FiOS TV Interactive Media Guide or Parental Controls with a CableCard?
- No. Some of the advanced features of your FiOS TV service are not available using a CableCard, such as the following:
- FiOS TV Interactive Media Guide
- On Demand
- FiOS TV Widgets
- Parental Controls