BestBuy.com has Alcatel C1 4015T No-Contract SmartPhone for AT&T GoPhone on sale for $9.99. Shipping is $2.90, or free on orders over $35. Thanks sli2011
Note, may not be available in all areas
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Dual Core 1.0GHz Processor
- 4GB Internal Memory
- 3.5" 480x320 Touch Screen w/ 2MP Rear Facing Camera
- 4G Network
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
Alcatel - Alcatel C1 4G No-Contract Cell Phone - Gray
Model: 4015T SKU: 6745002 Customer Rating:
4.0 (49 customer reviews)
Dual-core 1.0GHz speed processor delivers basic performance.
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
Faster load times and other performance enhancements help you manage your day-to-day activities. With the Google Now personal assistant you can view live traffic and weather reports, sports scores and more.
Provides fast Web connection for downloading apps, streaming content and staying connected with social media.
3.5" touch screen with 320 x 480 resolution
Compact screen for viewing photos and text messages.
2.0MP rear-facing camera
Makes it easy to capture special moments in crisp detail.
Expand storage up to 32GB by adding a SD card (sold separately).
ATT unlock portal will state unknown imei. Possible to manually request unlock code from ATT support but huge pain and YMMV. Faster/easier to just buy off ebay.
Unlock the phone for $0.99 from eBay - at checkout send message to seller the IMEI of the phone before submitting payment. Then insert any non AT&T micro sim and enter the NCK unlock code.
MAKE SURE TO ROOT BEFORE UPDATING TO KITKAT 4.4.2
Possible CWM recovery, untested, USE AT OWN RISK: Link
Alcatel RMA service if needed
I didn't see that anyone else shared this as I was curious to know. There is an update to Kit Kat, from AT&T Android 4.4.2
How to upgrade to 4.4.2:
You have to pop in a activated at&t sim card to get OTA. If you don't have one, you can do this:
1. go http://att.com/gophone to activate the sim card came with your phone, when filling imei, just using imei from another basic phone. Or you can generate a random one from google search "imei generator". Then at&t will ask you if this is a basic phone, choose it's a basic phone. You only need to give an email address and zip code to at&t, no other personal information and credit card number needed.
2. When choosing plan, choose the last one 0.10$/minute plan.
3. After activated the sim card, pop it in your phone, open wifi. If you checked ota before, then clear your data, otherwise it will ask you wait for a while to check OTA.
settings>apps>all>Google services framework, clear cache/clear data/force stop
settings>apps>all>system update, clear cache/clear data/force stop
settings>apps>all>system updates, clear cache/clear data/force stop
4. Open system update app, check update.
GSM / HSPA
Engineer Test Menu Dial following:
* # * # 3 6 4 6 6 3 3 # * # *
1. Turn off the phone
2. Press and Hold Volume up + Volume down + Power Button
3. Wait til Menu to pop up and let go
4. Volume up button to scroll
5. Volume down button to invoke
*Root-able via iRoot Apk. ( download apk, not PC exe file )
*Junk-ware located at /custpack/app/removeable or /custpack/app/unremoveable
Announced 2013, September
Status Available. Released 2014, March
Dimensions 112.5 x 62 x 12 mm (4.43 x 2.44 x 0.47 in)
Weight 100 g (3.53 oz)
SIM Optional Dual SIM (Mini-SIM)
Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors
Size 3.5 inches (~52.3% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 320 x 480 pixels (~165 ppi pixel density)
OS Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean)
Mediatek MT6572 CPU Dual-core Cortex A7 1 GHz
Card slot microSD, up to 32 GB
Internal 4 GB, 512 MB RAM
Primary 2 MP, 1600 x 1200 pixels