Virgin Mobile has Virgin Mobile LG Volt 4G LTE No-Contract Smartphone for $79.99 - $60 w/ promo code VOLTGOODSHOP60 = $19.99. Shipping is free. Thanks iron_bob & PancakeBimmer
- Quad Core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon
- 1GB RAM
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 8MP Rear-Facing BSI Camera
- 3000mAh Li-ion Battery
Editor's Notes & Price Research
An excellent price for a basic android phone. -johnny_miller
1. Go to http://www.virginmobil
2. Add phone to cart
3. Apply promo code "VOLTGOODSHOP60" for $60 off, or "VOLT5CJ55" for $55 off
4. Checkout. Price should be $20 or $25 before tax depending on which code you used
Use coupon VOLTGOODSHOP60 to get the price down to $19.99
This is a CDMA phone, so will NOT work for ATT, T-Mobile etc. where you need a GSM phone with SIM card.
^this VOLT can work on the new free Ringplus plan http://slickdeals.net/f/7912559-ringplus-is-going-to-try-free-ad-supported-cell-service-again?v=1
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor
- 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor.
- Android 4.4 KitKat operating system
- 4G LTE speed
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 4.7" qHD touch-screen display
- With IPS technology and 960 x 540 resolution Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- microSDHC card slot
- Enables you to expand storage by up to 32GB (card not included).
- 8.0MP BSI rear-facing camera with flash
- high-definition videos with 1080p resolution. The 1.3MP front-facing camera
- FM plug and pop with headphone antennae
- GPS navigation
- IR Remote and 4g LTE Spark-enabled
CDMA Bands Class 1/10/0, LTE Bands 25/26/41*
HD Video recording 1920 x 1080* (30 fps)
Under 18% brightness, [the screen] flicker[s]. Try 0%. You'll need to look at it for a moment to see.
How to set up IR Quick Remote app: http://blog.laptopmag.
* WARNING! the Quick Remote app on the VOLT is a stripped down, bare bones version of the Quick Remote app talked about in the above link.!
It only has (2) categories to pick from TV /Cable Box.. vs the (7) categories talked about in above link.
They've stripped out the ability to control DVD, BLUERAY, A/V RECEIVERS, PROJECTORS, Air-con.
In addition under the TV listing it only lists handful of manufacturers/models on the VOLT version.
(For example there is NO listing for HITACHI.. It's got LG on there though...)
Quote :Android Beam, QuickRemote function, Smart Screen function, TTY compatible, Text-to-Speech (text recognition), Wi-Fi Miracast, infrared remote control, intelligent typing (SWYPE), E-911 compliant, Guest Mode function, Knock Code function, KnockON, Live Zooming function, Plug & Pop function, QSlide function, QuickMemo function
One click rooting software (unverified): http://forum.xda-developers.com/l...p-t3056951
After rooting, here is how you disable the annoying "Hands Free Activation" pop-up
1. Download ES File Explorer (or any other file manager with root mode) on Google Play Store
2. Go to the /system folder (click on "sdcard" at top and click on "device". Find the /system folder ---> click on "app" folder
3. Find the following file named "LGDMSClient.apk"
4. Click rename and rename it to "LGDMSClient.bak"
NOTE: If you have renamed LGDMSClient.apk to activate VOLT on RingPlus you need to rename it back so it will activate on RingPlus!
*There might be a way to activate manually. By restoring apk phone auto updates and registers on RP smooth as silk.
For those that want a 3rd party recovery and debloated stock ROM: http://androidforums.c
UNCONFIRMED| GO to www.virginmobil
* Oh, if you started the activation process with VM you're probably going to find that VM has for a lack of a better word claimed ownership of the MEID and they are unlikely to release it. It has been reported by someone who started the activation process as described above/below that the VOLT would not activate on RingPlus when nib/ unactivated Volts are.
I can confirm you don't need to enter credit card info to activate. Step 1 Go to virginmobile.com click Activate on top. Step 2 Select "I'm a new customer and I want to activate my Virgin Mobile phone". Click Next. Step 3 Enter any zipcode click next. Step 4 open settings on your phone and scroll all the way down and click on "about phone" then click "status". Step 5 copy your "MEID HEX" number into virgin mobiles website and click Next. Don't worry about the ICCID matching just click Next. Step 6 enter your info fake or real doesn't matter just make sure you remember the pin you enter in case you plan on transferring to freedompop or whatever after a year. Step 7 Select any plan it doesn't matter and hit next. Step 8 No thank you to insurance and click next. Step 9 No thanks again and click next. Step 10 accept ToS and click next. Watch the dancing circles and wait. Once you see "Setup Successful" click "continue and close window". Step 11 Now you should be on the enter payment page "pay for your plan" don't worry and Scroll all the way down and you will see a small line that says "Or, if you would like to add money to your account later, you can Pay Later by clicking here." Final step CLICK ON WHERE IT SAYS CLICKING HERE! confirm "continue without paying" and you are all set enjoy your activated volt after restating phone
Q: Is this confirmed working?? If VM blacklists the ESN for balance owing, then you won't be able to activate it anywhere else.
A: 2015-06-25 See warning above.
10/21/2015: Confirmed to work with RingPlus Truly Free plan.
Link to enable hidden hotspot! http://androidforums.c