Thread DetailsLast Edited by vjshanky September 3, 2015 at 06:05 PM
First of all, if you are looking for the most stylish looking slim keyboard case around, then this might not be the one for you.
I was planning to buy a rugged case for my ipad a long time and when i got a chance to buy this discounted, i went ahead and jumped in.
The very first thing you will notice when you pick up the case is that how rugged it is. From what i saw in the pictures in amazon i was expecting a soft leather like plastic material, but this more of somewhat heavy coarse feeling.I am not saying this is a bad thing, but just not the material i was expecting.
Construction - The case is built to last and should easily survive a fall. The keyboard has this click springy feeling and typing is really easy (that is if you have ever tried a small keyboard). the keys are well spaced and not crammed (actually i am typing this review from my new keyboard). The case can be disassembled into 3 parts : the back protective case for Ipad, the keyboard and the stand which connects keyboard and the case. I am currently using the ipad with just the case and connect the keyboard in whenever necessary. But i can see how useful it will be during travels.
Ease to use - The case snaps on and comes off very easily. I liked the camera cap like mechanism NewTrent has implemented to remove the case from the stand. its a breeze but took some time to figure out (I usually dont read manuals ) Also when the case is removed from the stand, the apple logo in the ipad is visible (a clear film is present on the case for this). I tried pairing the keyboard with my iphone/fire phone and it worked seamlessly, so i am guessing this keyboard can be paired with any bluetooth tablet or phone & is not tied in to only apple devices.
1) Ease with which the case can be disassembled is impressive.
2) Rugged build and will act as a protection for your ipad
3) Responsive keyboard
4) pairs with devices other than ipad (i tested only with fire phone and iphone)
1) if you pair with a device once, the keyboard doesn't remember it. I tried connecting the keyboard to my phone after i connected with my ipad and once i tried to connect again with ipad, i had to enter the code to reconnect it. its not an issue for most people as they wont be trying to connect this keyboard to multiple devices.
2) I would have loved this device if the material used was of softer type. (i dont dig rough cases)
3) The case is kind of bulky and the stand is a bit rigid & takes time getting used to. (I am used to cases which kind of flips around or twists itself to become stands).
Conclusion : I think this is a good choice for users who want a rugged case to protect the ipad and also need a keyboard. I can recommend this case to everyone out there.But if you are looking for the most stylish looking slim keyboard case around, then this might not be the one for you.