Deal DetailsLast Edited by Shorted September 24, 2015 at 05:30 PM
RingPlus 1000 Minute, 1000 Text, 1000 MB FREE Plan Open Today 4 - 9 PM PDT
Sprint MVNO RingPlus is re-opening their Future Free Plan Today Sept 24 from 4 to 9 PM today Sept 24. Here are the details from the RingPlus Discourse forum
Starting now, RingPlus’ Future Free Plan (Phase 2) featuring 1000/1000/1000 (talk, text, and 4G LTE data) per month with Bring Your Own Sprint Device ring www.ringplus.ne
(1) This time, new participants will be asked to connect their RingPlus account to their Facebook account in the signup process, and to post to their Facebook page about RingPlus and the Future Free Plan, including #ringplus; and
(2) After the first month on the Plan, if you want to keep it, the Plan will require a minimum $5.00 Top-Up balance to be maintained on the account for overages which are billed at 2 cents per minute, text, and MB. This means your credit card on file with be automatically charged $5.00 every time your Top-Up balance goes to $0.00. To be clear, the Top-Up balance will always be available for you to use, and it will not expire. So, it’s not a monthly fee, or line charge, etc. If you don’t use overages, you will not have to Top Up, and you will pay nothing each month.
This offer is for new users only, and will available while supplies last or until 9pm PDT whichever happens first.
This is a free plan that includes 1000 Minutes / 1000 SMS / 1000 MB per month.
If you want to keep the plan beyond one month, you must add money to your account (minimum $5.00 top up). A positive top up balance has to be maintained on the account to pay for potential overages, which are billed at 2 cents per minute, text, and MB. Your credit card with be automatically charged for another $5.00 top up every time your balance reaches $0.00. Top-Up balances do not expire and can be used to pay for overages, add-ons, or other RingPlus fees (like ESN swaps, port-ins, or number changes). The free plans have no monthly fees or line charge, etc. If you don't use overages or exhaust your initial top up balance, you do not need any more top up and you will pay nothing each month.
4? MMS (can be disabled in the Dashboard)
3? International SMS
2? All other overages (minutes, SMS, MB)
Q: Is MMS included in the plan?
Answer: No, MMS is not included in any RingPlus plan. RingPlus plans only include domestic SMS in their text allotments. Each MMS is charged at the MMS overage rate (currently 4?). To use MMS, you must have an existing top up balance to deduct from.
Q: Do I have to maintain a top up balance?
Answer: Yes, if you want to keep the Future Plan beyond the first month. To keep the Future Plan, you have to add a minimum $5 top up before the month is over. Once you've added a top up, the balance never expires. If your balance ever reaches zero (due to overages, etc.), your credit card will be charged automatically for another $5 top up.
Q: What happens if I go over my allotment?
Answer: You will be charged overage, deducted from your top up balance. If you run out of top up balance, your credit card will be automatically charged $5 (+ tax) to replenish your top-up. If you anticipate needing more than your free allotment amounts, you can purchase add-ons, which are additional monthly amounts of minutes, sms, or data. For example, the 1 GB data add-on is $8 / month.
Q: How do I monitor my balance or usage?
Answer: RingPlus Dashboard website , or the RP Samara Android app .
Q: Can I set hard usage limits (ex: 1000 minutes, 1000 sms, 1000 MB, etc)?
Answer: No, you cannot set hard caps, but you can manually deactivate voice, text, or data for the Dashboard website at any time to prevent further usage.
Q: How do I disable MMS (or minutes, data, etc.)?
Answer: You can enable or disable MMS and other services from RingPlus Dashboard > Account > Manage Device
Q: Can I use WiFi calling (aka Fluidcall)?
Answer: Yes. You can set up your phone for Wifi calling if you'd rather not use regular cell towers (or are unable to get good reception). WiFi calling (aka RingPlus Fluidcall) can be used over any internet connection worldwide, including WiFi, 3G, or LTE, and is compatible with most SIP client applications. Click here for more information on WiFi Fluidcall or check out your Dashboard for setup instructions.
Q: What's required for WiFi calling / Fluidcall?
Answer: You can use a hardware device like the Obi or any software SIP client/application on your computer or mobile device. WiFi calling uses your RingPlus phone number and is treated just like regular cell calls. You can find your SIP login settings from the website Dashboard.
Q: Are there other fees?
Answer: Charges for additional services:
- $7.99 port-in fee. Your account will be charged after your phone number transfer is successfully completed.
- $0.99 ESN/device swap fee.
- $0.99 change phone number fee. You cannot choose the new number. It is automatically assigned based on your credit card billing zip code.
- All RingPlus fees are deducted from your top-up balance (not your credit card). You must have an available top-up balance in order to do anything that requires a fee. Minimum top-up is $5 + tax.
- Taxes can vary widely depending on locale. Average seems to be around 20%. Tax is only charged when adding money to your top-up balance.
List of phones that have been confirmed compatible (please add to this list):
- Boost Mobile Kyocera Hydro (not previously activated)
- Boost Mobile ZTE Speed
- Sprint LG Volt (never activated before), possibly Virgin Mobile LG Volt
- Moto E Sprint Prepaid (never activated Sprint Prepaid)
- Sprint LG Tribute
- Boost mobile LG Realm
- Boost Moto G (activated with Boost a year ago for 1 month)