Deal DetailsLast Edited by BeAuMaN September 28, 2015 at 11:16 PM
Interesting questions from this thread (and others) consolidated to: https://discourse.ringp
Just thought this would be a fun activity: https://discourse.ringp
If you like it, fill out the survey to have some fun while we wait for details to trickle in!
Current Member Promo
The post by Karl (CEO of Ringplus) explained it as a 2-event marketing campaign, 1st event is the new customer signup promotion period, 9:30am-9pm PDT today. 2nd event is for upgrading existing customers. The more new customers signed up in event 1, the more available for existing customer upgrades.
Event 1 (9:30am - 9pm PDT):
1. Sign into ringplus, link to your twitter account.
2. Go to CNET Link . Click the blue twitter icon on top to tweet the article, add "#ringplus" at the end and post.
Event 2 (9pm PDT ... ):
1. Existing customers should be able to upgrade to 1000/1000/1000 plan starting at 9pm PDT, supplies will depend on success & buzz of event 1.
Future Plan Overview
This is a free plan that includes 1000 Minutes / 1000 SMS / 1000 MB per month.
If you want to keep the plan beyond one month, you must add money to your account (minimum $5.00 top up). A positive top up balance has to be maintained on the account to pay for potential overages, which are billed at 2 cents per minute, text, and MB. Your credit card with be automatically charged for another $5.00 top up every time your balance reaches $0.00. Top-Up balances do not expire and can be used to pay for overages, add-ons, or other RingPlus fees (like ESN swaps, port-ins, or number changes). The free plans have no monthly fees or line charge, etc. If you don't use overages or exhaust your initial top up balance, you do not need any more top up and you will pay nothing each month.
4? MMS (can be disabled in the Dashboard)
3? International SMS
2? All other overages (minutes, SMS, MB)
Q: Is MMS included in the plan?
Answer: No, MMS is not included in any RingPlus plan. RingPlus plans only include domestic SMS in their text allotments. Each MMS is charged at the MMS overage rate (currently 4?). To use MMS, you must have an existing top up balance to deduct from.
Q: Do I have to maintain a top up balance?
Answer: Yes, if you want to keep the Future Plan beyond the first month. To keep the Future Plan, you have to add a minimum $5 top up before the month is over. Once you've added a top up, the balance never expires. If your balance ever reaches zero (due to overages, etc.), your credit card will be charged automatically for another $5 top up.
Q: What happens if I go over my allotment?
Answer: You will be charged overage, deducted from your top up balance. If you run out of top up balance, your credit card will be automatically charged $5 (+ tax) to replenish your top-up. If you anticipate needing more than your free allotment amounts, you can purchase add-ons, which are additional monthly amounts of minutes, sms, or data. For example, the 1 GB data add-on is $8 / month.
Q: How do I monitor my balance or usage?
Answer: RingPlus Dashboard website , or the RP Samara Android app .
Q: Can I set hard usage limits (ex: 1000 minutes, 1000 sms, 1000 MB, etc)?
Answer: No, you cannot set hard caps, but you can manually deactivate voice, text, or data for the Dashboard website at any time to prevent further usage.
Q: How do I disable MMS (or minutes, data, etc.)?
Answer: You can enable or disable MMS and other services from RingPlus Dashboard > Account > Manage Device
Q: Can I use WiFi calling (aka Fluidcall)?
Answer: Yes. You can set up your phone for Wifi calling if you'd rather not use regular cell towers (or are unable to get good reception). WiFi calling (aka RingPlus Fluidcall) can be used over any internet connection worldwide, including WiFi, 3G, or LTE, and is compatible with most SIP client applications. Click here for more information on WiFi Fluidcall or check out your Dashboard for setup instructions.
Q: What's required for WiFi calling / Fluidcall?
Answer: You can use a hardware device like the Obi or any software SIP client/application on your computer or mobile device. WiFi calling uses your RingPlus phone number and is treated just like regular cell calls. You can find your SIP login settings from the website Dashboard.
Q: Are there other fees?
Answer: Charges for additional services:
- $7.99 port-in fee. Your account will be charged after your phone number transfer is successfully completed.
- $0.99 ESN/device swap fee.
- $0.99 change phone number fee. You cannot choose the new number. It is automatically assigned based on your credit card billing zip code.
- All RingPlus fees are deducted from your top-up balance (not your credit card). You must have an available top-up balance in order to do anything that requires a fee. Minimum top-up is $5 + tax.
- Taxes can vary widely depending on locale. Average seems to be around 20%. Tax is only charged when adding money to your top-up balance.
- Boost Mobile Kyocera Hydro (not previously activated)
- Boost Mobile ZTE Speed
- Sprint prepaid LG Volt (never activated before), however newly canceled Virgin Mobile LG Volt failed to pass verification (already activated on network error)
- Moto E Sprint Prepaid (never activated Sprint Prepaid)
- Sprint LG Tribute
- Boost mobile LG Realm
- Boost Moto G (activated with Boost a year ago for 1 month)
- Sprint Prepaid Samsung Galaxy S3 - SPH-L710T (BB Black Friday deal last year - never activated on Sprint Prepaid)
- Republic wireless moto-g
- Virgin Mobile Galaxy S2
- TING samsung galaxy s3
- Virgin Mobile LG Volt (never activated before -from the May coupon/cashback deal)
Q: How will this work for users who manage multiple lines?
Answer: Not confirmed, but it's assumed that multiple lines under the same login will be eligible to upgrade to the Future Plan (as long as those lines were registered prior to the cut-off time). Just the RingPlus login email needs to be linked to FB to qualify. More details will be announced on the sign-up day.
Q: Will something similar to the voicemail promo work? Otherwise, if we can create a new account, signup for the promo and migrate an existing line to it later during the week, that would be great too.
Answer: Promo is for existing customers only, those who were already signed up as of the time of the the original Discourse forum announcement.
Q: If I am already on VIP Pepper and have a $5 balance, is there any downside for signing up for Future Free?
Answer: No. Your balance will be unaffected.
Q: When exactly should we connect to Facebook?
Answer: Prior to, or during the promo window.
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.