IRS CP2000 notice -- Advice On Crafting Response?
However, my low income for the year ($30,204, AGI of $27,704 due to deducting student loan interest) and the fact that I did have $16,122.07 billed for tuition less $8,003.53 in scholarships and grants led me to file an amended tax return to claim the lifetime learning credit instead. I also dug up my 2013 Form 5498 to claim the Saver's benefit.
- Removed the American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Received the Lifetime Learning Credit
- Received a $200 Saver's Credit
I went from owing a principal of $2,500 +$112 in interest to $676 + interest. My 1040X is completed but has not yet been mailed.
- What documentation should I include besides my 1040X, 1098-T and 5498?
- Do I pay now what I believed to be what I owe with the 1040X + interest or do I await an IRS response?