- Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.2GHz
- 8GB Internal Memory
- 512MB RAM (Expandable Memory)
- 4.5" 480x854 IPS LCD Display w/ 5MP Rear Camera
- 4G LTE
- 1830mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
- Windows 8.1 OS
Editor's Notes & Price Research
AT&T Certified Like-New Device are independently tested and reconditioned pre-owned phone with a 90-day warranty. AT&T Certified Like-New Equipment has been thoroughly inspected, tested, and reconditioned to like-new condition. - GoodDay
Not a top tier phone, but for the price can't be beat. Might be able to unlock from AT&T upon arrival, but no guarantees.
Great price for a basic smartphone!
* 4.5" IPS screen (854 x 480) - Gorilla Glass 3
* Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (1.2 GHz quad core)
* 4G LTE
* Bluetooth 4.0
* 8GB internal storage, up to 128GB microSD
* 5MP rear camera
* Windows Phone 10 compatible (I've loaded a preview on another Lumia 635 I have)
* You have to add a plan to check out. However, this does not commit you to monthly service.
* Also, it adds a $35 dollar card to your cart which you can remove.
I have purchased many GoPhones over the years direct from AT&T. Even thought wording sounds on the surface like you are committed to monthly service, you are not.
Yes, AT&T usually put a SIM card in the phone, so unlocking directly with AT&T is a YMMV.
For those with questions about the monthly charges:
Jenna B: Thank you for choosing AT&T. My name is Jenna and I will be assisting you today! How are you doing? Smilie
Craig: I want to buy this gophone, but it says $30 a month due monthly, but its a gophone pre-paid plan....will I get billed or will it be just the $9.99 + tax for the phone?
Jenna B: Are you simply wanting to purchase the phone? Smilie
Craig: Yeah, the lumia 635 certified
Craig: shows due today $10.66, but month due is $30
Craig: I am confused since its pre-paid
Jenna B: Perfect! Did you remove the refill card?
Jenna B: As long as you have removed the refill card you will just be purchasing the phone and won't be billed the $30 monthly. Smilie
Craig: okay, so even though it makes it sound like I will get billed, I won't, correct?
Jenna B: That is correct. Smilie
Craig: Great! I will place my order then.
Craig: SO what happens if I do get a bill for $30 a month?
Jenna B: I can pinky promise you won't because with prepaid you will have to pay before use and are never billed because it is no contract. However, if for some reason you are, all you will have to do is call into customer care and they will get it straightened out for you.
According to this post on Howard, this phone won't need to be unlock in order to used with AT&T MVNO
How I got unlock code.
1. go to https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/, check "I have read and agree to the eligibility requirements to unlock my device." and click continue.
2. choose "Non-AT&T Mobility customer" for Customer Type, fill the form and click submit.
You will get an confirmation email with "unlock request number" in 5 minutes.
2nd email received in 2 days says that "We are still working on your AT&T device unlock request......Please confirm your request here within the next 24 hours, or it will be canceled."
Be sure to click the link to confirm.
3rd email received one days later with unlock code.
Here is the unlock code email.
AT&T MOBILE DEVICE UNLOCK REQUEST RECEIVED
Unlock request number: xxxxxxxxxx
Thank you for contacting AT&T about unlocking your mobile device.
Congratulations! Here are your unlock instructions:
Your unlock code is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ten unsuccessful unlock attempts permanently locks the device to the AT&T network.
1. Switch the device off.
2. Remove the AT&T SIM card.
3. Insert a non-AT&T SIM card.
4. Switch the device on. If prompted, enter the SIM PIN code.
5. Wait for the SIM unlock window to open.
6. Enter the unlock code provided (8 or 20 digits) and press Enter.
7. Power the device off.
8. Power the device on. The device is unlocked.
Questions? Please call 800.331.0500, or dial 611 from your AT&T wireless phone.
The AT&T Customer Care Team
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
All replies are automatically deleted.
Product Codes of this Nokia Lumia 635, RM-975
059V714 VAR NAM US AT&T PREPAID SL
Tutorial – Flash an Lumia device