$6 Google Chromecast Google Play Credit EXPIRED
Note, it's been reported the offer is available for Nexus Player owners as well.
- Install your Chromecast on your TV
- From a device with WiFi capability, go to Chrome browser (or download Google Chrome) Free
- Go to Google Cast Add-on if you have it installed (next to URL bar typically)
- If you do not have Google Cast Add-on Installed:
- Go to upper right next to URL field find the Settings (usually 3 lines stacked, or "hamburger")
- Go to More Tools
- Go to Extensions
- Click "Get More Extensions"
- Search for "Google Cast"
- Select Google Cast under Extensions (Free)
- Install Google Cast
- Using Google Cast Add-on connect your device to your Chromecast
- If your device does not see your Chromecast, click here to set up; follow instructions on that page to connect devices
- Once connected, or set up and connected:
- Click here
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions and continue (and or login)
- Click "Select Your Device"
- Using the Google Cast Add-on select your Chromecast
- Note, there might be a short delay after you select your Chromecast until the page recognizes it.
- You should be redirected to an offers page; look for "Purchase 2 Chromecasts and get $12 Play Credit"
- Click to select that offer
- Redeem offer
Editor's Notes & Price Research
This credit seems to be valid on digital items sold through the google play store, not only movies (some exclusions may apply). Refer to the forum thread for additional information.
I just hooked up my Chromecast v.1 and I got 6 bucks for that as well so a total of 18.00 and a free movie rental from the Chromecast v.1
EDIT: I have a total of 3 Nexus Players and so I tried the third one I purchased from Best Buy, sure enough i got another 6 dollar credit so here is the grand total.
3 Nexus Media Players 3 x 6 = 18
1 Chromecast v.1 x 6 = 6
Total credit= 24 bucks
Now that my friends is a Slick Deal
It is much easier if you just use chromecast app on your phone. Click settings on your chromecast in chromecast app then options in top right corner and then choose check offers. (This only work for chromecasts)
Works from Chromecast App as well. Assuming you've already set it up:
1. Open Chromecast App
2. Click (touch) "GET APPS" tab in top right
3. Look for "Purchase 2 Chromecasts and get $12 in Play Credit ($6/chromecast)" offer
4. Click (touch) offer and you'll be prompted to open Google Play Store where you'll redeem it.
You may also have an offer for "Enjoy a movie rental, courtesy of Google Play" which will take you to "Get a movie rental, on us." including your choice of Jurassic World, Pixels, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Mad Max 4: Fury Road, and more.
I was able to get $36 in credit with 4 Nexus Players and 2 Chromecasts. I made sure to put them all on.
FYI : I was able to get another $18 from 3 chromecasts which had ALREADY redeemed a similar $6 offer last year!
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.