* lightweight, preferably under 5lbs
* screen size must be 13"+
* not lenovo, not hp
* budget is under $1000
* skylake cpu
* ssd or can be upgradable with ssd
* 6GB ram or more
* 1080p resolution
* i5 cpu or higher
here's what i've been looking into so far.
* acer aspire r14 - best buy has it for $699 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-...Id=4503300
* asus q503ua - best buy has it for -$100 off so it's $699. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-...Id=4344401. seems like i can upgrade the HDD to SSD and if 8GB of ram isn't enough, i can add another 4GB to make 12GB.
* asus ux303ua - on sale at best buy for $839 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-...Id=4569205. i don't believe it's in stores yet so i won't be able to feel the keyboard and do the touch screen wobble test. specs look great on paper. from reviews, this series has a good build quality.
* asus ux303ub - same as the UA model above but i7 cpu and 512GB drive and gpu. it's over budget but i've seen these go for about $1000. i believe the microsoft store has 10% off for EDU people so i'm willing to spend a few more $$ if it's what i end up going with.
* macbook air MJVE2LL/A. i know these have gone as low as $800 recently but the resolution isn't all that great and it's not on skylake. also at that price range it has 4GB of ram. i've had used a few in the past from work and they're great but they were also the higher spec model. if i don't find anything else, i may get a MBA with higher spec and look for a refurb from apple. the other thing is, there have been reports of a refresh with skylake in early 2016 Q1.
i had the hp spectre x360 on the list before but a friend of mine discouraged me because of the hp software to manage the computer sucks. i don't like bloatware and don't need the mfg software to manage my device. if someone has experience with the spectre x360 and it can easily remove hp software, i will consider it.
sorry for the long post but i wanted to give you all an idea of where i'm at. hope some of you geniuses can help me out. thanks.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.