AMEX dspute resolution, not impressed so far
I called the manufacture and sat in the queue for 1/2 half an hour and it finally dumped me to a voice mail and said they'd call me back if I left a message.
I instead opted to send an email to the support email, and they responded a couple times and when it became obvious that something was wrong with the way the TV was processing video, they stopped responding. I called in several times, and they ultimately responded saying I needed to send the TV in under warranty and I would have to pay to ship it.
I emailed Tiger Direct and said I'd like to return the TV after following their directions to contact the manufacture. TD refused, citing their 30 day return policy, which I had missed while I was dealing with the manufacture (keep in mind I had a 3 day window due to the extended delivery). They refused.
I contacted AMEX to see if they could be any help as I had heard good things in the past for this type of stuff. The person on the phone seemed to take note of my explanation of the situation and to understand fully what happened. In addition to my situation involving a new TV that I had to pay to ship in for a warranty, I also mentioned the fact that the TV was misadvertised on the HDMI port count and the refresh rates. The operator told me "not to worry, AMEX has your back". I knew there was no guarantee, but I felt like I had a decent chance of resolving the situation. I was genuinely impressed with the service I perceived that I had received. This past Sunday, after two weeks of filing the claim with AMEX, my claim was denied. Not great, but if they had some kind of rationale and had addressed my concerns I would have accepted it an moved on. Instead, I got some kind of generic response saying they had contacted the retailer and that retailer has sent proof that I had received the TV and the charge was valid, completely ignoring everything I had said. I ended up calling in and talking to a manager (retelling the whole story), and I was told that the case would be reopened and I should submit some extra documentation. Not holding my breath. If they had no interest in consider my information and intended to just side with the seller, that's fine, but they should not offer the service and shouldn't waste my time.
I'll update if the next go around is any better.