- 4.5" 960x540 qHD IPS LCD display
- 1.2GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB Internal Memory
- MicroSD Card Slot (up to 32GB)
- 4G LTE/WiFi/Bluetooth
- 5MP rear + 0.3MP front facing cameras
- 2390 mAh battery
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
Editor's Notes & Price Research
Black Friday price for this no contract smartphone from Verizon. Grab it while supplies last. For a full review of the Motorola Mote E LTE Smartphone, head over to CNET - Discombobulated
Can't get the case on?
Remove the pre-installed black rim/grip around the phone first.
Don't want to activate at the prompt?
You can press the square recent apps button to dismiss the prompt for activation to use this as an android device and radio. You can also put it in airplane mode to save battery (wifi and bluetooth will work, but fm radio won't).
Read here to get it working on GSM networks like T-Mobile (Credit to Whoareyou at xda and jackrosen)
Note for T-Mobile instructions above: They fail to mention that you need to download ADB Shell in order to use it in the "CMD" window, which might not be clear. You can do so here: http://adbshell.com/downloads. Download ADB Kits, unzip the contents into a folder, and then navigate there in the CMD window and type "adb shell". Can confirm, does support LTE on T-Mobile (source: did it last night after buying this deal).
Note: ensure you remove space before providers in following command
pm clear com.android.providers.telephony
Other T-Mobile things:
- The phone uses a Micro SIM size card. It states that you CANNOT use a Nano SIM with adapter. Survey says, that is a lie (source: I used my Nano SIM with an adapter).
- To get at the SIM card, you pop off the entire "outer frame" of the device. You can find instructions in the manual.
- If the instructions for changing the radio to T-Mobile (above instructions) don't work the first time, try it again. Try restarting the phone while it's still plugged into USB. Mine didn't work the first time, but worked fine on the second try.
In order to attempt to get Verizon/Motorola to push out a new update with a fix for the removal of the option to switch to GSM, please sign this petition on Change.org and share it to anyone who you know will sign it! https://www.change.org/p/verizon-...lte-xt1528
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.
DOES NOT WORK ON RINGPLUS! NOR SPRINT! NOR BOOST! NOR VIRGIN!
HAVING ISSUES WITH SENDING MMS MESSAGES?
Follow these steps:
1. Download Textra from Google Play Store and install
2. Disable Wi-Fi
3. Send a group text
4. Once you confirm that went through, Enable your Wi-Fi
5. Send another group text just to confirm it works with Wi-Fi
**Credit goes to Aross6 with Post #332.
***I had the same problem with after unlocking the phone for Criket Wireless. The abovementioned steps fixed the problem - MCeatalot
set it to t mobile
easy way to do it if you r on 5.1
( 1) make sure Moto USB drivers installed
2) turn on developer options and USB debugging and plug in phone
3) Run TR Sales's batch
4) put in your carriers APN. )
(tr sales link below):