Deal DetailsLast Edited by Shorted November 28, 2015 at 05:40 PM
More details on deal here http://slickdeals.net/f/8317697-moto-e-is-back-in-stock-at-bestbuy-headsup
Looks like someone found FIX for not redoing settings everytime you change sims
Obviously can't use TIBU to disable apps because we don't have root... HOWEVER, I found that the debloater.exe works wonders for disabling apps (disable com.motorola.setupwizard.xxxxx to get rid of SIM NOT FROM VERIZON warning)
DISABLED vzwAPNpermissions.apk & vzwAPNservice.apk and was able to change sims without having to redo the settings in ADB!!
Also, the phone automatically found my APN settings on different SIM cards after doing this!!
5.1 Updated Instructions:
With the SIM you want to use the the phone :
1. Put the phone into Airplane mode (I'm not sure this is needed, but it doesn't hurt)
2. Go to Settings -> About Phone and tap on "Build Number" until it says you are in Developer Mode (~10 times)
3. Go back one menu, and right above About Phone there should now be an option for Developer Options, go into that.
4. Turn on USB Debugging
5. Connect the phone to your computer and type "adb shell" in your CMD window
6. Run the following commands in adb shell :
pm clear com.android.providers.telephony
settings put global preferred_network_mode 9
settings put global preferred_network_mode1 9
settings put global preferred_network_mode2 9
7. Turn off Airplane mode
8. Power off and Restart the phone
9. Open up the settings app, go to the mobile networks panel, select "Prefered Network Mode" and change it to "4G"
10. Input the appropriate APNs for your specific carrier
11. (Optional). Disable all Verizon apps through settings or Titanium Backup.
In order to attempt to get Verizon/Motorola to push out a new update with a fix for the removal of the option to switch to GSM, please sign this petition on Change.org and share it to anyone who you know will sign it! https://www.change.org/p/verizon-...lte-xt1528