Thread DetailsLast Edited by bru20 December 1, 2015 at 10:46 AM
Important note: If you have already purchased the Kindle version of the book in the past, attempting to re-purchase and re-download the book will only result in you getting the old edition again. Instead, you’ll want to go to the “Manage Your Content and Devices” page on Amazon, find Social Security Made Simple in your collection, and click the “update” button.
Note: This book is current as of November 2015, as it has been updated to reflect the changes made to Social Security by the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015.
Find all of the following, explained in plain-English:
- How your Social Security retirement benefits, spousal benefits, and widow/widower benefits are calculated,
- How your benefits are affected if you have a government pension or if you continue working while claiming Social Security,
- How to decide when is the best age for you (and your spouse, if you're married) to claim Social Security in order to get the most out of your benefits,
- Whether or not it makes sense to take Social Security early in order to invest the money,
- How to check your earnings record on the Social Security Administration's website to make sure you're getting the full benefit you deserve, and
- How Social Security benefits are taxed and how this affects retirement tax planning