Wifi thermostat, NOT nest
in MA, though our energy provider, I am able to purchase some "discounted" wifi thermostats and have them installed free (after purchasing)
my options are (never heard of 2/3 of these brands)
1. Building 36 intelligent thermostat ($50)
2. Ecobee smart SI ($50)
3. Honeywell wifi 9000 ($85)
anyone have any real life experience with any of these?
- also, some of these thermostats, like the honeywell have a color screen. where will this thermo draw it's power from? my current thermostats just use 2 AA batts. will they have to wire these thermostats for electric?
- i currently have 2 zones(one/floor) and 2 thermostats. i'm assuming i should replace those 2?
- i do have a 3rd thermostat in a bonus room, but i dont think i need a wifi for that room.
thanks for any help.