H&R Block 2015: Deluxe+State 14.95, Premium+State 24.95, Premium&Business 39.95. All include Federal AND STATE free eFile.
Deal DetailsLast Edited by melovinglife January 27, 2016 at 05:01 PM
- 2015 Deluxe + State + Federal AND State eFile = 14.95
list is 44.95 + state efile 19.95, 64.90 - savings of $49.95 (77% off)
the other slickdeals thread is 9.95 without the state eFile, 19.95, 29.90 - savings of $14.95
- 2015 Premium + State + Federal AND State eFile = 24.95
list is 64.95 + state efile 19.95, 84.90 - savings of $59.95 (70% off)
the other slickdeals thread is 14.95 without the state eFile, 19.95, 34.90 - savings of $9.95
- 2015 Premium & Business + Federal AND State eFile = 39.95
list is 79.95 + state efile 19.95, 99.90 - savings of $59.95 (60% off)
the other slickdeals thread is 34.95 without the state eFile, 19.95, 54.90 - savings of $14.95
- Download - The approx 490 meg HR Block 2015 ISO may take some time to download.
Posted on filedropper.com:
Posted on mega:
- Mount or Uncompress ISO - The downloaded file is an ISO - a cd consolidated into a single file. Windows 8 and 10 will natively mount an ISO as a CD drive, just double click the downloaded ISO and it shows as a drive letter. If you don't have windows 8 or 10 you need to unconsolidate the ISO to a folder on your system. Download and install a program like winrar to extract all of the contents of the ISO to a folder on your computer.
- Run the installer - From the mounted or extracted ISO run tcauto.exe
- Checkout - The first screen will be that the free offer has already been redeemed. (There was a single free Deluxe version that has already been redeemed) Press choose software. Add your version to the cart. Checkout.
- H&R Block Tax Software Version Comparison: http://www.hrblock.com/tax-softwa...hoose.
- This qualifies for their 10% refund bonus. Take a look at: http://www.hrblock.com/lp/refund-...nline.html
- There is no exit deal. Some others have a discound when adding an item to the cart and then closing, this one does not.
- This was created using a disc received in the mail from H&R Block. Used WinISO to convert it to an ISO.
- Hashes in the ISO:
- This deal may expire 2/12/16.
- Mac users - dtstoner reported: I bought the Windows version with the links in this thread but did not activate the software. I then did a quick chat with the H&R Block folks on their site and after they confirmed my software purchase and identity, they e-mailed me a link for the Mac version and a new activation code
- If you already have a H R Block disk, you can copy the contents to your hard drive and just replace the application.xml for the same deal. See post 58 for the application.xml. Post 77 fore more detailed instructions on replacement.
Mirror for ISO: https://mega.nz/#!Y8UHTa4S!cHCO
Important info for Part Year or Nonresident state filers
If you will be filing Part Year state returns (for example, if you moved during the year), then the state e-file doesn't do you any good. The software informs you at the State step that you cannot e-file Part Year or Nonresident state returns. So you might as well save $5 and get the other deal at http://slickdeals.net/f/8367909-h-r-block-deluxe-2015-4-95-deluxe-state-9-95-premium-state-14-95-all-include-e-file?src=SiteSe
CAREFUL ON WHAT VERSION YOU BUY Block is doing some shady marketing to push people to the more expensive versions they may not need. Basically ignore the comparison chart go to the version page and see what forms it supports for the true picture. If it has all the forms listed you need, it will do your taxes. See below for moredetailed explanation.
Lot of misinformation on what version will do what bouncing around and I hope I can clear it up a little.
H&R Black is doing a little semi shady marketing to try to get you to get use a higher level version. The Chart comparing versions is almost worthless. Forget the chart they show. Instaed on the version comparison chart page, click on the different versions and see the supported forms link(right under the price) to get a true picture of what each version will handle. If it supports the forms you need it will work for you. Block adds some features that they stress in the chart that may make it appear you need the next higher version.
Good example that is causing the confusion that Deluxe doesn't do Schedule C.
From the chart For the Premium version this is checked.
Quote :Maximize deductions for self-employment income (Schedule C)
This makes it appear on the chart that Deluxe does't do Schedule C and Premium does. Not true, it is just an added feature that will make it easier for you to find deductions supposedly. May be another interview section, or ask you some questiions along the line of did you spend anything on this type of expense. It's generally not very useful, if you have any idea of what your deductions are, the Deluxe Schedule C walk-through is included and will guide you right through.
From the supported forms page. for the Deluxe version we see it does do Schedule C
Quote :Common IRS forms and schedules:
Form 1040 Individual Income Tax Return
Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement
Form 1098 Mortgage Interest Statement
Form 1098-E Student Loan Interest
Form 1098-T Tuition Payment
Form 1099-DIV Dividends and Distributions Income
Form 1099-G Certain Government Payments
Form 1099-INT Interest Income
Form 1099-MISC Miscellaneous Income
Form 1099-R Distributions from Pensions, Annuities, Retirement, or Profit Sharing
Form 2441 Child and Dependent Care Credit
Form 8863 Education Credits
Form 8917 Tuition and Fees Deduction
Schedule A Itemized Deductions
Schedule B Interest and Dividends
Schedule C Profit or Loss from Business
Schedule C-EZ Net Profit from Business
Schedule D Capital Gains and Losses
Schedule EIC Earned Income Credit
Schedule SE Self-Employment Tax
Schedule 8812 Additional Child Tax Credit
Schedule C is handled fine by Deluxe
Deluxe works fine for me. I itemize, am self employed and file a Schedule C, wife receives a W2 from her company, have capital gains, IRA, SEP 401K, stocks etc. In other words a fairly complicated return and Deluxe handles my situation.
Premium I do believe is needed if you are incorporated and I'm not sure at all about rental income but check the supported form page for a truer picture of what version does what. The added helpful features that they add seem to me sometimes just a waste and I'd rather just plug my numbers in directly instead of the extra questions and walkthroughs
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.