Deal DetailsLast Edited by monkeybiz December 28, 2015 at 12:12 PM
Update: Promo expired
Leonardo Free Plans 2, 3, 4 and 5 with no survey or social media requirement. All plans get no extra charge hotspot through 12/31/15.
Plan --One Time Top Up---Monthly Cost-- Minutes Texts MB for LTE
Leonardo 2 $15.00--- $0--- 1,500 1,500 1,500
Leonardo 3 $12.00--- $0--- 1,200 1,200 1,200 (+ tethering)
Leonardo 4 $20.00--- $0--- 1,400 (unlimited in network) 1,400 (unlimited in network) 1,200 (+ tethering)
Leonardo 5 $20.00--- $0--- 1,600 1,600 1,500 CORRECTION Leo 5 top up is $16 not $20
Thank you to all our current Members. It was an exciting year thanks to you all! Your trust helped all of us to get closer to our goal of Free Cell Phone service for all.
The RingPlus Team and I want to extend our gratitude to all of you, and wish you Happy Holidays and a very good and prosperous New Year. We also want to thank our telecom partner Sprint and all of their employees, executives, and management teams for providing guidance and support this year to fulfill our vision.
RingPlus has constantly grown 44% for the last 7 consecutive months, thanks to all of you, resulting in an annual growth of over 880% this year! We intend to accelerate this growth during the next year with improved customer service and many new attractive features added to our unique offerings.
Again, this change in the telecom industry would have not possible without our Members, and the dedicated Sprint team. Thank you, all.
As a thank you, we also will open tethering on all accounts for free for the remainder of the year (starting December 24th), as we want our Members to also have internet access when visiting friends and family during the Holiday Season. Of course, we will continue to upgrade all current Members from the upgrade list so that they may have a good start for 2016.
We are also announcing the launch of the RingPlus Top Up Rewards Program (starting 01.01.2016). For every dollar you spend on RingPlus, you will earn 1.5% of that amount as a Top Up to your account at the end of each billing cycle for you to spend on your RingPlus account (e.g., overages, ports, etc.) (Terms and conditions will be announced when the Program opens.)
RingPlus will also open a new online store in the first quarter of next year where advertisers will merchandize their products and services which are promoted within RingPlus Radio. Each Member will receive a 33% coupon of up to $50 in value which can be redeemed in the store (conditions will be announced with the distribution of the coupon). The new store will feature products and services tailored to our Members, and featuring coupons for a variety of deals from your favorite restaurants to the newest gadgets in technology and lifestyle.
For new Members, we will open the most popular past Leonard Free Plans (2-5) to subscription. So, when you find yourself surprised with a new phone for the Holidays, you know what to do with your old phone (and probably your new phone): Bring it to RingPlus for Free Cell Service! (Of course, existing Members can add an extra phone line to their accounts for family and friends.
All these Free Cell Plans will be available this time without any survey or social media requirement. We will give you the opportunity to sign up over social networks because it lets you enjoy more benefits like the voicemail twitter readout function, easier login to your account, and you can easily share your support for RingPlus with others.
I wish all of you a very Happy Holidays and a Happy 2016.
(Karl Seelig, Founder and CEO)
Free Plans December 24-27
RingPlus Announcement: http://discourse.ringp
RingPlus is NOT Ring.To!! Ring.To is totally unrelated to RingPlus (Ring.To is cancelling free service next year, but totally unrelated to RingPlus!!)
What Is RingPlus
- What is RingPlus - RingPlus gives free phone service by playing advertising or music instead of a ringer. Only requirement is atleast 1 call every 60 calendar days to avoid account closure
- Is it free / What is a topup - There is no monthly charge. There is a mandatory topup charge at signup that is only used if you exceed the monthly allotment. If you never do then you'll never be charged for another topup. RingPlus will automatically charge another TopUp when the current TopUp balance is depleted. The topup is absolutely non refundable or transferrable
- Will my phone work - Most unlocked phone that support Sprint's frequencies (including Boost & Virgin) will work. Check phone here . Compatible non Sprint / GSM phones . One exception is Virgin's Data Done Right phones
- SIM card - All LTE phones require a Sprint or MVNO (Boost, Ting, Virgin) SIM. Be sure to buy the correct SIM. SIM models and price info. If you buy a new phone it'll come with a compatible SIM
- Cancellation - RingPlus service can be cancelled at anytime without any fees, but top up is lost.
- Roaming - requires a separate one-time top up to sign up on any plan, then there are per MB/min fees when used, but this requires temporarily linking your checking account with Zipmark for identity verification and the one-time top up.
- 911 - 911 is handled just like every other phone. The phone goes into the special 911 mode and connects directly and also can roam on other carriers for free
- Howardforums pros and cos of RingPlus http://howardforums.co
- PrePaidPhoneNews RingPlus info http://prepaidphonenew
- Main RingPlus Wiki http://slickdeals.net/f/7912559-ringplus-is-going-to-try-free-ad-supported-cell-service-again?v=1
Taxes / Taxes on Add-ons
Normally you only pay tax on top ups on free plans, NOT monthly, but:
Add-ons taxes - http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
Tax / Fee bug http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
Note: The above incorrect reports of being taxed might be a misunderstanding of how taxes work. So to stop the spread of misinformation and to clearly state how taxes work:
For NEW accounts with a $0.00 balance, you will be charged your top-up amount ($12, $16, etc) + a few dollars in taxes. You will also be charged taxes any time your add money to your balance via top-up.
If you use up your balance and your balance hits $0.00 you will be automatically charged the corresponding auto top-up amount (if your plan has that condition).
You will NEVER be charged tax month-to-month if you have more than $0.00 in your balance.
If you already have more than $0.00 in your account balance and upgrade plans, you will not be charged anything for the upgrade.
The balance is to cover any overages (mins, text, data) or fees (device swap, phone number port-in, etc) that might happen.
- Leonardo 3 Wait List https://promos.ringplus
- Upgrade status http://discourse.ringp
- Upgrade TopUp charge - THERE IS NONE, as long as your current plan has a balance greater then ZERO
- Unsubscribe - To remove yourself from an upgrade list click the unsubscribe link in the original confirmation email
Examples of supported phones - http://slickdeals.net/f/8369365?v=1
RingPlus Free Plans and Paid Plans Include the following:
- Free Voicemail to email transcribe and mp3
- Call recording and transcript to email functionality
- Free parental control functions ( data, text, on and off by time ... Call filters for out and in going calls )
- Phone booth call expense monitor for international calls
- Open API for development
Additional Features include:
- Roaming if you link your bank account to zipmark and pay per minute/per MB roaming charges. (see more detail in the main wiki.)
- In call live translation services for $.20 per minute
Help with Ringplus compatible Sprint SIM http://slickdeals.net/f/8326353-ringplus-compatible-sprint-sim-simglw426c-card-bestbuy-2-99-b-m-only?v=1&src=Si
Help with Phone Deals http://slickdeals.net/f/8369365-ringplus-current-phone-deals-ongoing-sales?v=1
***On a side note, those that are struggling with voice latency may want to seriously consider using RingPlus WiFi FluidCall - you use a sip client like Zoiper, connect your Ring+ account, and it lets you make wifi calls from your phone, desktop, or laptop --- I found I have zero latency making wifi calls from my laptop with my home wifi when I need that low lag in longer conversations***
Swapping vs. New line Waiting Period & Requirements
Swapping can be done to any eligible phone, it doesn't have to be a "new" in box phone. The phone can't be active on any other plan, though. You can use the ESN checker on RingPlus' website to check eligibility. And you need a balance on your account to pay for the swap. No phone on the account can be in the middle of a port-in process. Swaps into an existing free plan also require no waiting period, even if the device was recently on a canceled free plan or swapped out of another free plan.
Activating a "new" free line with a canceled or swapped out phone from a free line will require you to wait until the end of the billing cycle. In that case, RingPlus gives a message when you can activate a new free line again with the phone, and it may be a very short time depending on where the plan (that it came from) is in its billing cycle.
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.
So here are the HOW TO ACTIVATE A SPRINT/MVNO *PRE-PAID* (NEW) PHONE ON RING+ :
a) Buy said phone from WM/BB/Anywhere/Web....
b) DO NOT TURN THE PHONE ON (yet).
c) From the phone box itself, enter the IMEI (Phone ID) and ICCID (LTE SIM ID) into the Ring+ system, to sign up under that phone for Ring+ service.
d) ONLY after you have successfully registered for the Ring+ service, with that phone, should you turn the phone ON.
e) Most phones will begin a hands free activation which includes updating the profile and PRL on the phone.
f) Enjoy (as possible) free RingPlus service which uses Sprint's network but passes voice through RingPlus servers as well for a bit of extra latency.
If you're getting "Credit Card Gateway Rejection: AVS" error please follow the instructions from R+ Support .. including checking your address on the USPS link: http://support.ringplu
No-root built-in tethering. Works on LG Tribute 2 & LG Stylo, (& maybe other LG phones as well) Note: Built-in tethering requires an account that allows tethering. Otherwise, you'll see an error when you enable it. Thanks and reps to Kumo for this: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
Many users are experiencing significant voice delay This can be tested with the following technique:
* Use an "echo test" line, for example 909-390-0003
* Use an audio recorder, for example Audacity
* Use a tone generator, for example google "Online Tone Generator"
Current latency in Florida: 1.678 seconds. That is a very long time.
VOLT TETHER TRICK
tethering with built-in app
I used Shortcut Master (Lite) by vndnguyen from Play Store.
1) After installing and then launching the app, go to upper right corner menu and tap the three dots.
2) Do a search (third option from top in menu) for "ChameleonNodeMenu".
3) Tap on "Launch" (picture of the rocket ship).
4) Tap on "tethered data" option at the bottom.
5) Select "get"
6) change that to a 4 and hit save.
7) Exit out of app and reboot the phone.
8) When phone boots up, go to "Settings" and under "Wireless Networks" at the top, tap on more.
9) Tap on "Wi-Fi hotspot" and setup, don't forget to password protect!!!
10) You can now toggle "Wi-Fi hotspot" on and enjoy wireless tethering!
TRIBUTE II TETHER TRICK http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=